• Register Today It's free!

Rocker panels

fireftr

Reaction score
City, State
strongsville,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Limited 4.6
Approx what is the cost for replacing both rocker panels and dog legs on an 05?
Finally disintegrated at 190k
Other than that, car doesn't that much mileage!

I don't know, but am curious. NB: RockAuto sells some of these body parts.

Approx what is the cost for replacing both rocker panels and dog legs on an 05?
Finally disintegrated at 190k
Other than that, car doesn't that much mileage!
Did you ever price it out or get yours repaired. '05 here too and both dog legs are beyond repair. I've even less miles at 148k. Fortunately, you can't see the disaster until you open the second row doors but I'd like to get it fixed.

I had the doglegs, rocker panels, and the support box underneath needed to be fabricated as well, on my '98 it cost $1662 in 2010. I'm imagine it's a similar amount of work for an '05, but hard to say till they dig into it and see how much decay has to be removed.

Adjust for inflation and that would now be $2297. Obviously most of that is labor so I could be wrong, used the following inflation calculator which might be more accurate for goods rather than (labor) services:

Unfortunately, that work done to my '98 in 2010, is now rusted out again, worse than it had been in 2010 but can't justify the expense for a '98 today... if I ran out of other things to do, I might DIY cut it out, hire a welder to put new pieces on, then DIY bondo/primer/paint it, but there's a lot of other things that are higher on my priority list, non-vehicle related.

Back