Roll Over Posse Board Member Nominations and Elections | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roll Over Posse Board Member Nominations and Elections

Hello all. As the member who this phrase was coined after, I believe we have enough members now to start making an actual board and sub-division of Serious Explorations. Therefore, I must lay down a few rules for the nominations and elections.

1. Anybody can be nominated that is a member of the roll over posse.

2. As a member though, consideration for election must be based on a few simple factors.
2a. Stupidity-Ie, getting hammered and trying to do doughnuts in a wash. Who was that?
2b. Ammount-Ie, number of times that any one person has had at least two wheels, of the same side of the vehicle, off the ground for more than, oh let's say 30 seconds.
2c. Dedication/Damage-Ie. The amount of damage sustained to the vehicle, but the dedication of the owner to fix it and continue on.

All roll over posse members are allowed to vsubmit nominations, but a short story briefly describing the incident must be accompanied so that when voting comes arround that members may have a basis to vote on.

Let's have fun with this, and remember, the longer you continue to offroad, it's not a matter of IF, but WHEN you too will become a member.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bumping this original thread for any new members. ;)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Didn't see this thread, but here is three in action photos for membership.

Happened on Fins and Things during Moab 2015.

Short story on what happened, I goofed and let up going up an obstacle, rolled backwards and took a different view of the obstacle from different angles.

The beginning of the roll

image1_zpskmcdi1ni.jpg

The view of "oh sh#t"

image2_zpstozfmcef.jpg

The view of "dangit"

image_zpsgvchxhpi.jpg

Finishing the trail

lk_zpsd2731rod.jpg

In the first pic all I see is the hat and the ear, i know who that is. Hmmmm, could it be Robert? I think so!!!

It's been a while since this thread has been active, however, i know that there are more of you out there that looked around and saw nobody looking, but Phil, aka Albino94LTD surpassed me in a day to become the new King, President, and dictator of our fine Posse. Please submit all nomonations through him via PM, email or whatecer other media you can find. He is excited too help you through the transition of 4 to 2 wheeler.

3 tires are still on the ground. Hopefully no beer spilled, that would be alcohol abuse.

What the heck were you trying to do when that happened? Story please.

And, this one is for Kevin;
Remember this?
Trkhaven 012004 (15).JPG

Jan. 2004

Any questions on if a roll counts, refer to page 1 post 1 of this thread.

Nice picture Birdy.

I'm trying to determine whether the right rear is still in contact with the ground. At first look, this does not qualify, you need to try harder.

Birdy.... I hope this wasn't recent, as you have a meet coming up in a month or so!!

Damage report..... Stat!!
Happened about 5 years ago right after the dana 30 sas, now it has a 44. I was cresting a hill and didn't see the washout until I was in it, only crushed in the fender, a little on the door enough so the window wouldn't roll down and broke the mirror off. I actually think that the front right tire wasn't touching dirt either, it was resting on the fender and the back right tire, maybe the back bumper a little. It was fun! They have since put an orange cone in front of the hole, which I still can't see when I'm coming up the hill.

[QUOTE

And, this one is for Kevin;
Remember this?
View attachment 96278
Jan. 2004[/QUOTE]
Looks like a very scary moment!

Question for y'all, does anyone know how many degrees of tilt it took before tipping over? Especially in the lifted explorers.

Question for y'all, does anyone know how many degrees of tilt it took before tipping over? Especially in the lifted explorers.

Somewhere between "Uh Oh" and "Oh S*%t" :rolleyes:

Birdy, I have conference'd with the former President and we determine you still have 3 wheels touching and your driver seat bottom is not yet perpendicular (or beyond) to the normal ground plane. Also there is a lack of potential for further rotation to perpendicular (and beyond).

Nice try though!

That means membership denied :-(

I agree it doesn't qualify, but gave us something to talk about!

Back