• Register Today It's free!

Roll stability sensor

SKYNET808

Reaction score
City, State
Flori-duh
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 ST V8 4x4 on 33's
any info on the roll stability sensor, location and how it actually works?

How the system works? HA!!! Advance Trac is a VERY complex system... probably just as complicated as a system you'd find on a space ship. lol. Ever since I put the lift on my truck my advance trac has been a night mare, the system simply was designed to work ONLY with the stock suspension setup. (In case you can't tell by the link that swshawaii posted above, haha) Even the teeniest little change will set the system off. When I was running my stock shocks with the Truxxx spacers, the system was bad. I figured because it had more body roll with the lift. So I got the Rancho's hopping it would fix it only because they are adjustable and you can stiffen them up for the street. And did that work? NOPE! Oddly enough the system flips out more when the shocks are stiff (less body roll) then when the shocks are loose.

Freakin weird...

How the system works? HA!!! Advance Trac is a VERY complex system... probably just as complicated as a system you'd find on a space ship. lol. Ever since I put the lift on my truck my advance trac has been a night mare, the system simply was designed to work ONLY with the stock suspension setup. (In case you can't tell by the link that swshawaii posted above, haha) Even the teeniest little change will set the system off. When I was running my stock shocks with the Truxxx spacers, the system was bad. I figured because it had more body roll with the lift. So I got the Rancho's hopping it would fix it only because they are adjustable and you can stiffen them up for the street. And did that work? NOPE! Oddly enough the system flips out more when the shocks are stiff (less body roll) then when the shocks are loose.

Freakin weird...

great info guys. . . .. this will be helpful
thanks

Back