Rolling Ranger (Fma)

moroeder

Reaction score
City, State
Indy
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 xlt 4wd explorer
Hello From Indiana,
The Fma means force=mass X acceleration, it's the -acceleration I need to reduce the force when the unwanted contact can be made.
I have a 2001 4X Ranger XLT with BF Goodrich 265's that have increased the rolling inertia enough that my ability to properly stop when needed has declined.

The obvious remedy other than reducing the mass of the tires is to improve the stopping power of the braking system. I have read the Mustang 12-1/2" rotors (some call them 13") will work with appropriate mechanical mods and wheel selection. I like the Ranger enough to attempt the improved stopping project. Have my own shop so making or modifying some parts is an option. However I have not been successful in locating specific plans.

I did find where a company was selling a kit but has since discontinued (wonder why) and some believe the "13" mustang rotors can be added with some mods. naturally the rears can be converted to discs or drum width changed but the fronts are the most important. Can anyone direct me to a source for needed info?

Like CSN's song says "It's time to stop hey what's that sound?" "Paranoia strikes deep!"!

Especially when you can't stop your roaving Ranger.

Welcome to the forum!
What's the the complete size of your tires, 265 - what?
Moving this post to the Ranger section...

Back