rolling, rolling... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rolling, rolling...

Yea, sometimes we do really stupid things:

Me_Roll.jpg

Hmm, of course, now you know why nobody wants to ride with me any more.. [this was roll number 2 of 3]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish I had some still pics of 3 of 3. It's all on video which I am sure if you come to T-Haven 2001 you will see it. I have to say though that that has to be the slowest rollover ever and in reverse to boot.

Originally posted by Brian1
Where was that at Tdavis? Rubicon? Moab? Didn't you say you were going to paint your rig camo to cover up the scars?

that picture was from Moab 2000. I'll never forget the look on the Ford Engineer as he got out, LOL. I'll also never forget this... (those of you that were there will remember this)
I don't remember names, but I remember it caused that ford guy to get even more paniced :)
Guy #1: (whispered) hey check it out hes dripping some sort of liquid
Guy #2: (a bit louder) he's dripping liquid?
Guy #1: (normal voice) yeah, but I don't think it's gas.
Guy #3: (shouting) DID SOMEONE SAY HE'S DRIPPING GAS!! HE'S DRIPPING GAS!!!
LOL
The gas turned out to be from a leaking gas can on Gofast's vehicle, the "leaking gas" I believe was windshield wiper fluid, or water, I don't recall, but it certainly wasn't gas :).

That was the Same damn engineer that hopped out of mine when I thought it was about to roll... argh... wonder if I can send him a hate mail or something? LOL. I say keep it up Tom. If noth ing else, it distinguishes your explorers from those of us that are too wussy to actually roll our vehicles :).
nearroll.jpg
When I THOUGHT I was gonna roll..

That cant be Matt.....Wheres all the lights? :D

Once I thought I was gona roll the Explorer...or at least get it on 2 or 3 wheels. I made a turn onto this county road off the highway and theres like sandy gravel right in the turn and I slowed down and made the turn and then I floored it and the ass end swung out and I went sideways in the road and I flew over against the console. Stupid, yes. :D Lets just say I never tried that on dry ground again.

I rolled once...

In a golf cart, lol. I work at a golf course, and we use the carts to do our job, and to have fun. Well, there is a driveway going to the maintainence barn, and then the driveway goes to the back where we wash off all our mowers, etc... anways, the driveway goes straight into a little trail that runs behind the sand pit. Well, when we are loading up carts and stuff the sand goes on the ground, and almost everyhting behind the pit is covered in sand and is really soft. Well, I was coming down the driveway, and I decided to go onto the trail just to mess around. Well, I turned a little when I was in the sand and the front wheels caught I guess, and it flipped on its side. Actually it was my side, but it didn't hurt me at all, and the only thing that happened to the cart were some scratches on the side, and I had to fill the batteries back up with water. It was pretty fun, actually, and I have almost done it again about 5 times. I had to put my leg out one time and push it back. Those little electric golf carts will go a lot of places, but it doesn't quite flex that well, and it is really easy to lift a tire, and when your rear tire starts to spin, just hop out and rock it back and forth, and you're off, pretty fun. Too bad it isn't as easy as putting your leg out the door to stop an explorer from rolling. Well, I thought I would share that little story with you guys.

Oh yeah, one time on my friend's farm, my other friend (who has an explorer as well), and I were out in the field doing donuts and whatnot. Well, we stop to let our engines cool down, then he says, "whatch this." and he takes off in the opposite direction, then he turns around and all I see are his headlights just barelling down in my direction (not at me, just out to the side). He must've been going about 30 or 40mph, and then he just turns (and this field was really really muddy), he went down this little slope and his pass. side tires, yes both of them, jump off the ground a little and then he whips around and is back on all 4, but I thought he was gonna flip that thing. Pretty crazy.

Ah Matt - you weren't going to roll. You just got high centered that's all. :D

Originally posted by Brett
Ah Matt - you weren't going to roll. You just got high centered that's all. :D
I know, but at the time I had no idea that that ledge was there. In fact not until AFTER I got off the ledge did I realize how safe I was and how I could've simply driven out. oh well, better safe then sorry.

Matt, it looks to me like you need to take your driving course over again :D Theres a whole wide path and here you are in a hole to one side :nono:

LOL :)

Back