Ronin's Rig | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ronin's Rig

Haven't done one of these yet, so here it is. Thanks to all who helped me with ideas and tips along the way!

I bought my 2004 Eddie Bauer 4.0 in 2009.

Current Mods:

-Scanguage II with blendmount rearview mirror mount: scangauge 2 questions
-OEM Class 3 hitch swap
-SCT XCal3 programmer with 87/89/93 torque tunes from Henson Performance
-Gibson stainless catback exhaust
-Hunter Brush Guard
-Helo wheels Maxx8 Black 16x8 wheels, 0 offset
-Treadwright Guard Dog M/T 265/75/16: Buy TreadWright All-Terrain & Mud Terrain Tires for Trucks, Jeeps & SU
-Cobra 75WXST CB radio with Firestik II 3' antenna - mounted over the right rear taillight: What do you reckon?
-Custom 1.25" front / 1" rear strut lift spacers
-12" limit straps - 3rd Gen Limiting Straps install
-Moog Coil Springs mounted on Monroe Reflex struts
-BTF tubular upper control arms with uniballs: For Sale - Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL
-PA 883 3” body lift: How to: 3rd Gen BODY LIFT. Install.
-Yukon 4.10 gear swap in the front and rear axles: Regearing the front differential - possible solution
-Aussie locker in the rear axle: How to: 3rd Gen Aussie Locker Install
-Rugged Ridge 100 Watt offroad lights x 4
-F-150 Tow Hooks
-OEM Fuel Tank and Transfer Case skid plates
-Custom Rock Sliders: Ronin's 3rd Gen rock slider build thread
-Viair 20001 On Board Air system: My "stealth" on board air install, pics, and video

Removed mods:
-Underdrive crank pulley/underdrive water pump pulley/overdrive alternator pulley
-Black Magic 150 electric fan/HHR electric fan (got too hot in the summer)
-1.5" body lift (upgraded to 3" body lift): How to: - 1.5" body lift for less than $50
-50W Baja Blazer offroad lights (too dim!)
-Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ radials 265/75/16
-KKM cone filter and MAF adapter with outerwear pre-filter: " Stage 2 " Intake 04-05
-BTF 1.75" front/1.5" rear strut lift spacers: How To: BTF-Fabrication Spacer Lift Install

More to come!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I totally forgot to ask you how you are liking the 3.55 to 4.11 gear change!? Have you had a chance to really notice the new torque yet?

That thing is cuh-leeaan :thumbsup:

I also wanted front tow hooks and brighter lights. So then came the next round of mods:
*list of mods, tow hooks no mentioned*
:p

one thing i really wanted to see you dont have lol
trying to find out ideas for mine

looks good, never realized you didnt have a thread

I totally forgot to ask you how you are liking the 3.55 to 4.11 gear change!? Have you had a chance to really notice the new torque yet?

That thing is cuh-leeaan :thumbsup:

Thanks :thumbsup: Yeah so far the gears are hands down one of the best mods I've ever done. Before I felt like I was towing something heavy anytime I drove...now it feels like its actually got some torque. Still breaking them in for about 200 more miles....then I'll get out on a trail somewhere and test out the locker.

:p

one thing i really wanted to see you dont have lol
trying to find out ideas for mine

looks good, never realized you didnt have a thread

Haha good catch. Forgot to list those. Yeah I am using F-150 tow hooks. It was a little tricky getting them to work with the way the brushguard mounts but they're on there in the last pic.

i see what youre saying, they have folded sides and i was thinking you hug that over the frame, which would make the hook so higher up.
youre saying do it the other way so it hangs down. this is how you meant?(only down not sidways like this)
sizeimage.php

yea i think im gonna buy some. funny thing is i was just looking at em this weekend. even went to the junkyard but they didnt have any :(

$45 for 2 sound ok?

hows the progress on the new control arms? i know will was talking about them when i met him

About f*****' time mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Also just wanted to say thank's heap's for all your help!:chug::biggthump

yea i think im gonna buy some. funny thing is i was just looking at em this weekend. even went to the junkyard but they didnt have any :(

$45 for 2 sound ok?

hows the progress on the new control arms? i know will was talking about them when i met him

Yes, the tow hooks fit on exactly as you described. The flat side is what bolts to the frame, those vertical pieces are just for strength.

45 dollars for 2 is a good price....they are very solid and I think you'll like them.

The new arms are in full production and I got a text from Brandon last week that they should be shipped out any day now. :party:

Congratulations James

Great thread about a nice Ex :thumbsup:

now it is easier to have new ideas for my truck

keep up the good write up :salute:

Congrats on finally getting a registry. :thumbsup:

nice eddie u got

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back