1. Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Roof Rack

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by androofoo, November 12, 2006.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. androofoo

androofoo New Member

City, State:
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 XLT
    i just went to REI to find about more about roof racks. i have a 2002 ford w/ a factory roof rack and the sales person said that i am required to buy a towers and new crossbars before i can add the actual snowboard clamps. i went home and looked up on yakima's site and found out a product where u can attach the snowboard clamps directly onto the factory cross bar w/out the towers and cross bar. is this possible? has anyone done this?

Last edited: November 12, 2006
  2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. MGG

MGG Active Member

City, State:
    The Mitten
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 XLS, 4.0, 2WD
    If all you want to carry on your rack is a snowboard mount, Yakima has these clips called H CLIPS. But you have to have the factory crossbars as well. If you plan to put anything more than that, you'd better go with a full Yakima rack system. The factory rack is just not that strong.

MG