• Register Today It's free!

Rpm/speed indicator uncalibrate

manuelronk

Reaction score
City, State
guayaquil, ecuador
Year, Model & Trim Level
ford explorer 1998 automa
Help! I just took off my cluster to repair odometer. So i took off all pieces, i took off the indicator Of rpm and speed ( white needle) for remove the odometer motor. I fixed that. Then put back the white needles and installed back the cluster. All works fine but rpm and speed needle doesnt work fine. The motor runs fine but rpm indicator show 3000 and speed moves retarded, before open my cluster that 2 stuffs works fine! Please help me.

My english sucks please try to understand

Thank u people!

Manu

some instruments i've worked on have an index mark to tell you where to initially set the needles. to my knowledge Ford's do not. i suggest you remove the clear plastic lens from the cluster, pull the needles off and reinstall them loosely. then try to set them by trial and error. the tach should be pretty easy because you know about where the needle should be when idling warm. for the speedo, follow someone and have them drive a set speed, then, keep playing with the needle until you get it. when you're satisfied, push the needles on all the way and reinstall the clear lens. good luck!

If you happen to have a GPS, that is good for setting the speedo also. I trust the GPS more than the speedometer, even though on my 96 they are in agreement at 65 MPH.

Back