Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Rubicon wheels and tires

Discussion in 'Modified 1991-1994 Explorers' started by zero_psi, June 24, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. zero_psi

zero_psi Active Member

City, State:
    mi b hills
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    93 xlt svt
    So is there any way I could run stock rubicon tires and wheels I have a 2 inch lift and a 3.27 gear ratio

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. 4x4junkie

4x4junkie Well-Known Member

City, State:
    So.Calif.(San Fernando Valley)
    '94 Ranger, '90 Bronco II
    Pretty sure the Jeep wheels have a deeper backspacing, so unless you used wheel spacers, you'd be narrowing your track width, and might have rubbing issues (plus the center hole is smaller, which I know won't fit over the front hubs on a 1st-gen).

3.27 gears are too tall for the stock tires IMO, I don't think you'd like the performance with even bigger tires, though some guys have differing levels of tolerance for that, so YMMV.
    Regardless, with those gears the bigger tires will put a lot more strain on your transmission and the rest of your driveline.

4. Glen4X4

Glen4X4 Explorer Addict

City, State:
    Lewistown, Pa
    2000 XLS
    If you have an automatic I would say don't go over stock tire size if you have a 5spd try not to go over 31's, 31's are tolerable with the 5spd and 3.27's.

5. zero_psi

zero_psi Active Member

City, State:
    mi b hills
    93 xlt svt
    Yeah I have a auto and I'm 30x9.5x15 I think I'm gonna try and do a 4.10 gear swap all junk yard parts just having a hard time finding a Dana 35 reverse cut 4.10

We Support Our Troops!