Running Boards - DeeZee and Others | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

banged brackets

Sounds like some body's returned used brackets were sent to you. I'd contact them...

They do a poor job shipping, mine were tumbling around in 1 12x12 box

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2013 Ford Explorer Running Boards

:salute:Newbie here on the forum ,what is the best fit and looks for my 2013 Explorer Limited ? Any suggestions on who in my area does good installation .

:salute:Newbie here on the forum ,what is the best fit and looks for my 2013 Explorer Limited ? Any suggestions on who in my area does good installation .
Welcome to the Forum bmackinlay.:wavey:
As I mentioned in my PM to you, I have moved your post to this existing thread on running boards.
It would also be helpful if you added the model (Limited) to your profile so that it will show in the left column.

Happy motoring.:):thumbsup:

Peter

I ordered Dee Zee running boards and received my brackets today. They were supposedly shipped direct from the manufacture. They arrived beat up, as they were packaged in a rectangular box and left free floating. So the brackets basically beat each other up. They are full of chips and scratches. I am debating if I should ask for another shipment or if I should just keep these and repaint them myself. Did anyone else have theirs arrive like this?
Mine arrived just like that and decided I was going to keep them...... Then I realized parts were missing. I have to say they have good communication and sent me a new set of brackets after I sent the first set back.

Running boards for 2014 Explorer

Just purchased a pair of Zee Dee NXc running boards for my 2014 Explorer Limited. It turns out that 2011-2013 models DO NOT FIT on 2014. You will need 2014 specific brackets/mounting hardware so don't assume that all 5th generation Explorers can use the same accessories.

Just purchased a pair of Zee Dee NXc running boards for my 2014 Explorer Limited. It turns out that 2011-2013 models DO NOT FIT on 2014. You will need 2014 specific brackets/mounting hardware so don't assume that all 5th generation Explorers can use the same accessories.
Welcome to the Forum masterz.:wavey:
As indicated in my PM, I have moved your thread/post to this existing one on running boards.

Peter

Romik Running Boards - Not Recommended

:mad:oI ordered a set of these boards for my 2013 Explorer Limited When they came they left out the hardware( nuts & bolts) when I connected the reseller they called the manufacturer and they them to have list every nut and bolt that was missing before they ship them out ! I did this and they took over ten days to send them to me! Guess what the diagram that showed the nuts and bolts were all listed wrong ,so I went to Home Depot and purchased the bolts and nuts I needed. When Installed the boards the holes in the tubing had inserts to screw nuts into and they twisted out and would not tighten up. I would not recommend this company to any one however the boards are nice looking once installed.:thumbdwn:

Have you been able to successfully mount the '11-'13 boards to a '14? Considering the running boards, but wondering if I should wait until there is more '14s who have had successful mounts.

Have you been able to successfully mount the '11-'13 boards to a '14? Considering the running boards, but wondering if I should wait until there is more '14s who have had successful mounts.
Welcome to the Forum MIExplorer5.:wavey:
Good luck with your project.:thumbsup:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum MIExplorer5.:wavey:
Good luck with your project.:thumbsup:

Peter

Thanks Peter. DeeZee's website states the NXC's will fit the "current" model, but I'm not ready to pull the trigger on that price ($500 for boards + brackets). AAG and AA say they don't fit the 2014s.

I'll just go back to lurking until some others give it a shot...

I can't possibly fathom why the hardware would be any different for the MY14.

that said, my wife just bought these (the black/black dee zee) for my '14 Sport and neglected to order the brackets.

I can't possibly fathom why the hardware would be any different for the MY14.

that said, my wife just bought these (the black/black dee zee) for my '14 Sport and neglected to order the brackets.

Agreed that there is probably no hardware change between the models. If you don't mind, please let me know how your installation goes.

Anyone have photos they can post of black DeeZee boards on a black sport?

Thanks

Ethan

Anyone have photos they can post of black DeeZee boards on a black sport?

Thanks

Ethan

i can try to get some pics up this weekend. the running boards look and fit great imo.

Has anyone had luck with mounting the Dee Zee running board on the 14 sport?

Thanks.

i can try to get some pics up this weekend. the running boards look and fit great imo.

Can I ask which mounting brackets you used, since someone claimed earlier that the 13's wouldn't work on the 14 models?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll try to give you an answer this weekend...hopefully. I have a '14 Sport, and have the DZ 16221 mounting brackets right here. The weather here has been too miserable to put them on. Looks like I'll have a break on Sunday.

Back