Running rough and idle and cold start - 07 ST 4.6 V8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Running rough and idle and cold start - 07 ST 4.6 V8

84convertablegt

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT
I've noticed a slight miss or rough running when the truck is idling in park. Ive also noticed that during cold starts it has been idling a little rough. Nothing bad, just barely shakes enough to not be smooth. I definitely know its not normal.
Stats: 2007 Sport Trac 4.6 3V V8, auto transmission. K&N FIPK, flowmaster exhaust, 47000 miles.

Could it be the plugs? 47000 miles isnt nearly the 100000 ford claims, but it almost seems like a bad plug or poor performing coil pack. I have no CEL and no saved codes.

Anyone else have any similar issues with the 4.6 3V? It runs like a raped ape under WOT, just this little slight miss at idle and on cold start.

i have the same problem ,, i have a 07 trac 4.6, but 70.000,,, replaced plugs & fuel filter,, became better , but still a little rough idle,,, people are saying it might the the tps (throttle position sensor). that might be the next thing to replace.....
good luck, ill let u know & if u find out before me shoot me a message.

chad

i have the same problem ,, i have a 07 trac 4.6, but 70.000,,, replaced plugs & fuel filter,, became better , but still a little rough idle,,, people are saying it might the the tps (throttle position sensor). that might be the next thing to replace.....
good luck, ill let u know & if u find out before me shoot me a message.

chad

i replaced the tps & its better but still has a little bit of a rough idle, dont have a clue wtf it is , i havent replaced the coil, but everything else is coming up good.

if any body can help that would be great.

Back