Saleen Series 2 on Explorer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Saleen Series 2 on Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm doing my best :) I'll have more as soon as the tuning process is finished.
the reason i am interested in your project its because
i have 2005 Explorer 6V Supercharged at 10 psi and it is crazy

the reason i am interested in your project its because
i have 2005 Explorer 6V Supercharged at 10 psi and it is crazy
Awesome! Have you ever had it on a dyno?
Did you use an m90 blower?

Awesome! Have you ever had it on a dyno?
Did you use an m90 blower?
No never dyyno , i am living here in Japan is its difficult to it done
here is what i a basically using

1 } Banshee Supercharger kit

2 } Eaton M90 with 2.6’’Pulley

3 } WALBRO 255LPH Fuel pump

4 } 2003 cobra 39lb injectors

5 } SCT BA2600 MAS

6 } water methanol injection kit 50/50 start spraying at 3 psi
7 } tuned By Unleashed Tuning mailed tuning

No never dyyno , i am living here in Japan is its difficult to it done
here is what i a basically using

1 } Banshee Supercharger kit

2 } Eaton M90 with 2.6’’Pulley

3 } WALBRO 255LPH Fuel pump

4 } 2003 cobra 39lb injectors

5 } SCT BA2600 MAS

6 } water methanol injection kit 50/50 start spraying at 3 psi
7 } tuned By Unleashed Tuning mailed tuning

Ah very cool. Methanol injection was gonna be my next thing after getting this running. Would you say it was worth it?
I'm going through the email tuning process as well, which is why it's going a little slow for me since I'm not near my car all day most days.

Ah very cool. Methanol injection was gonna be my next thing after getting this running. Would you say it was worth it?
I'm going through the email tuning process as well, which is why it's going a little slow for me since I'm not near my car all day most days.
Yes it Worth the time and money
No problem at all, and I even got better gas mileage, don’t ask me why !
You should tune the explorer with the water Methanol injection , so that you will get the best tuning

Yes it Worth the time and money
No problem at all, and I even got better gas mileage, don’t ask me why !
You should tune the explorer with the water Methanol injection , so that you will get the best tuning
I don't have the funds to do that yet. With the wideband/datalogging system and the additional SCT tuner I didn't expect to need I've spent way more than I thought I would at the point.
That'll probably be a project for next year.

This is awesome. Thanks for putting together this thread!

This is awesome. Thanks for putting together this thread!
I'm just hoping this helps someone out there, because I know when I was starting out on this it was not easy to find information.

Having a little trouble with the tune. I'm not sure if I've got something wrong or some part wasn't what I thought it was or anything. Don's taking a look at it and hopefully he can shed a little insight.
The issue is that the car will not rev over 1k RPMs

Anyhow, here's how I'm datalogging. Nothing spectacular. I'm gonna move the wideband gauge, I just don't know exactly to where yet.
boNginQ.jpg

Having a little trouble with the tune. I'm not sure if I've got something wrong or some part wasn't what I thought it was or anything. Don's taking a look at it and hopefully he can shed a little insight.
The issue is that the car will not rev over 1k RPMs

Anyhow, here's how I'm datalogging. Nothing spectacular. I'm gonna move the wideband gauge, I just don't know exactly to where yet.
boNginQ.jpg
i know if you sent a mail to Unleashed Tuning that will fix easy

I have a feeling you have a vaccum / pcv routing issue with driveability. Have you compared your vacuum routing to the original mustang setup? I know on my supercharged 4.6 mustang both valve cover vents are used.

Sorry, didn't get an email saying I got responses.
Same issue. Don is saying he thinks the injectors aren't the 32# injectors that I thought they were. I'm pretty sure they are 32#. This part matches the part # on the injectors: 0280158174 / 9L3E-B5A

I have a feeling you have a vaccum / pcv routing issue with driveability. Have you compared your vacuum routing to the original mustang setup? I know on my supercharged 4.6 mustang both valve cover vents are used.
My understanding is that both sides are connected through the timing cover, so you can block one side off and leave just the other side connected - or you could just put a filter on both sides and connect neither.
The car does idle good with the stock tune, it has a steady RPM and can rev just fine. It seems to me that the issue exists with this tune from Don. I'm not sure if I have not accurately conveyed my setup to him or what exactly is going on. I'm gonna be testing 47# injectors (LU47's) today or tomorrow depending on when Don will be able to update the tune

Sorry, didn't get an email saying I got responses.
Same issue. Don is saying he thinks the injectors aren't the 32# injectors that I thought they were. I'm pretty sure they are 32#. This part matches the part # on the injectors: 0280158174 / 9L3E-B5A

My understanding is that both sides are connected through the timing cover, so you can block one side off and leave just the other side connected - or you could just put a filter on both sides and connect neither.
The car does idle good with the stock tune, it has a steady RPM and can rev just fine. It seems to me that the issue exists with this tune from Don. I'm not sure if I have not accurately conveyed my setup to him or what exactly is going on. I'm gonna be testing 47# injectors (LU47's) today or tomorrow depending on when Don will be able to update the tune

One side should go to intake tube between maf and tb and the other side should go to intake manifold after tb, before charger.

Just the one hose to intake will create crankcase pressure issue in the engine with nowhere to release/circulate the air. Since it's from the intake manifold it has to go back in after maf since its "metered air"

One side should go to intake tube between maf and tb and the other side should go to intake manifold after tb, before charger.

Just the one hose to intake will create crankcase pressure issue in the engine with nowhere to release/circulate the air. Since it's from the intake manifold it has to go back in after maf since its "metered air"

Ah I see. Maybe I'll just put a filter on it then. Thanks for pointing that out!

Ah I see. Maybe I'll just put a filter on it then. Thanks for pointing that out!
No filter
You should take "boominXplorer advice

No filter
You should take "boominXplorer advice
If I'm not misunderstanding, boominXplorer is saying I'm creating a problem drawing a vacuum on crankcase pressure which will happen after the MAF, so additional air can get in that was unmetered.
I'm not sure to what extent this will be an issue since I imagine most of the blow-by would be inert, but I do see the potential for a problem with this. I believe it's a pretty common solution to vent pressure and cap off the holes in the intake.

You need to circulate the air from the air intake to the vaccum on the intake manifold through the engine block. It needs to hook up after the maf to where you capped it off. I'll get some pics of my mustang.

Right now you just have the crankcase under vacuum with nowhere to draw it from. At the same time it needs to be metered air.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pretty sure my Pcv valve is on opposite side as explorer but doesn't matter. The long hose from drivers side goes to the intake tube beside the iac. My pcv is in passenger valve cover and goes to a vaccum port after the throttle body before charger inlet.

15720197176786287790730213402189.jpg

1572019902633672661690724973520.jpg

15720199372356933291725260488418.jpg

Back