Saleen Series 2 on Explorer? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Saleen Series 2 on Explorer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

update ??
Don was telling me to change out my injectors for some known good ones. My roommate has some 47# LU47's that he gave me for $80. I am waiting on adapters for them.

I will update as I have updates, but things are just happening a bit slow.

I also own a Business that flow test & Cleans injectors- So I can verify Injector type and that they are working.
Ultimate Injection

5.jpg

Not sure why you didn't contact me for tuning? Being as I own/drive a supercharged explorer..
Dora the Ford Explorer
I was unaware. Knowing you have experience with exactly this, I probably would have.
Do you do email tuning? I don't see it mentioned on your site. I'm in Ohio.

At the moment I'll probably wait and see what Don comes up with simply because I already paid him but if it still won't rev with the new injectors, I may be in the market again.

I can to get you going. The straight-up answer is, nothing beats live/right there tuning it. -Feeling, hearing every little sounds & thing it does.

I can to get you going. The straight-up answer is, nothing beats live/right there tuning it. -Feeling, hearing every little sounds & thing it does.

I understand. That sounds reasonable, it's just there's no way I'd be able to get it out to KS. I'd have to go somewhere closer for that.

I got the adapters today. These are VMP adapters (Injector Height Adapter Hats (8)) Just in case you care, that's exactly what I ordered, but they look like my pictures below, not what's in VMPs picture. I don't really care personally.

The little clips that help hold the injectors to the fuel rail do not fit very well. I had to tap them on with a rubber mallet.

LU47 with adapter vs the stock 2v style 32# injectors
oGZB8Rj.jpg

And installed
dANSEfP.jpg

It's still idling but still won't rev. I'm not sure what I should do at this point. I guess I'll wait for Don's response and see what he says.

With the latest tune it is running okay now. Don said he deleted his codebase and got a new base tune from SCT.
Unfortunately a brake line has broken now, so I have to do that before I can continue. With any luck I can fix that today.

Replaced brake line. Don told me from looking at the data it looks like I have a vacuum leak, so I smoke tested the intake and sure enough I did have a vacuum leak. I fixed that and it runs and idles good. I'm not driving it yet though, as this is still a base tune. But assuming nothing else goes wrong, I hope to be driving in a day or two.

I'm also ordering some nicer straps to replace a few zip ties. I don't want to be completely embarrassed when I pop my hood :)

Sorry for not following up earlier, I keep expecting to get an email notification.

EDIT:
Update from Don. He recommended I get a DiabloSport MAF.ia extender. He said that given what he's seeing, he expects I'll peg the MAF at WOT.

Back again. Shipping on the Maf.ia took a while longer than expected. American Muscle was a few days late shipping (they were also confused why I was buying a Maf extender for 05-10 when my car on there is set to an 04 mustang :p )

In any case, installing was a breeze as expected. It plugs in inline to your MAF. The only thing that wasn't straight forward was where to adjust settings. It turns out the rubber emblem is a stopper and there's a dial under it with the different modes.

In case anyone is wondering at any point, the version of Maf.ia you need is the one labeled 05+, not the 99-04 one. I wasn't sure given that the 05 mustangs got the 3v and us explorers still got a 2v.

QfKWIuH.jpg

D4VZBic.jpg

Should get a response from Don tomorrow to see how well this works.

FYI anyone else that is installing a blower (or thinking about one) Save yourself some headache down the road...

Buy a SCT BA series MAF I.e. BA2600 or BA3000 (not the BA5000 as a 4" pipe will be too much range with the slot meter)
-SCT 2900
-Oreilly S1094 pigtail.

This allows you to run a better inlet system.

FYI anyone else that is installing a blower (or thinking about one) Save yourself some headache down the road...

Buy a SCT BA series MAF I.e. BA2600 or BA3000 (not the BA5000 as a 4" pipe will be too much range with the slot meter)
-SCT 2900
-Oreilly S1094 pigtail.

This allows you to run a better inlet system.

Thanks LSXkilr, I'll quote this message in the first post for reference.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back