• Register Today It's free!

Saw 2 '02's in 1 Week!

sagaynor

Reaction score
City, State
Northern New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
I live in Northern NJ. This weekend, I saw a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer with Michigan plates driving around the local mall parking lot. The truck was in plain sight (no masking) and in a burgundy color. As if this wasn't interesting enough, I caught a glimpse of a 2002 Explorer yesterday afternoon. I work in the World Trade Center (Twin Towers) in New York City. Yesterday, I left my office to get some lunch. When I walked outside of the building, I came across a photo shoot for the 2002 Explorer. The truck was parked in front of Tower #2, and there were lots of lots and assorted other stuff set-up. The Explorer was a Black Eddie Bauer (I believe it was the Eddie Bauer - lower panels were painted beige). It was a great looking truck. Like most of you, I haven't been thrilled with the photos of the new truck, but up close and in person, you get a completely different outlook. I assume this photo shoot is for Ford, rather than a magazine. My guess is it is for the 2002 Explorer brochure. Anyone else got any ideas?

Back