CajunFordEx

Reaction score
City, State
Cajun Country La
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Kia Sorento LX
Callsign
KC5OAO
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted. My wife got in an accident last week and my 2011 Ex is totalled. I know that most people complain about MFT but I have never had any problems with it. In fact I am writing to tell about how great it has done. When the accident happened, the MFT called 911 and gave the coordinates with no phone synced to it. Police, FD, Ambulance, etc, were all there within 2 minutes. I know a lot are not happy with it but it has always worked almost perfect for me until it's last day.
Just telling my story. Don't know what I will get the wife just yet but not ruling out another Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm glad that your wife appears to be okay. Probably a little shaken I imagine. I didn't realize that the 911 call would work without a phone synced to it. Good to know.
If you do get another Explorer you'll have to chose a different colour.

73's

Peter

I'm glad that your wife appears to be okay. Probably a little shaken I imagine. I didn't realize that the 911 call would work without a phone synced to it. Good to know.
If you do get another Explorer you'll have to chose a different colour.

73's

Peter

Glad she is okay too but with no phone synced, it isn't going to call 911....the vehicle does not have a phone modem built into it. It would have needed to use a connected phone.

Glad she is okay too but with no phone synced, it isn't going to call 911....the vehicle does not have a phone modem built into it. It would have needed to use a connected phone.
That sounds right Jason. Likely some motorist made the 911 call for them.

Peter

Well she didn't have a phone with her and she says she watched and heard it call 911 so I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps it synced up with someones phone in the other car? Regardless, it did it's job.

Anyway, she now has a Kia Sorento and says she prefers it over the Explorer. I find the Sorento to sit lower. Other than that, they are pretty much the same to me.

Back