1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Schraeder valve stuck in low side port

Discussion in 'A/C & Heater systems - HVAC' started by 93TwotoneXLT, July 31, 2006.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. 93TwotoneXLT

93TwotoneXLT Active Member

City, State:
    Evansville, In
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1993 XLT4x4
    So I tightened down the valve a little too much I think, and now the valve is stuck in the low side port because the top set of threads sheared off. So my question is, How do I get this thing out now? Do they sell a special tool that I can use to get it out? Anybody know any tricks that can help me out of this situation? Any help is greatly appreciated!! :)

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. shamaal

shamaal Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Friensdwood, Texas
    91 Mazda Navajo
    The trickiest guy I know for A/C is Glacier991.
    I've never busted a schraeder valve, and I can't visualize any sheared off threads.

4. 93TwotoneXLT

City, State:
    Evansville, In
    1993 XLT4x4
    Anyone have any ideas?

5. parli22

parli22 Loco en cabeza

City, State:
    New York
    92 Explorer UNEDDIE
    I s it the scrader valve or the port the NG.
    IF the Valve you can get a new one .75 cents but your looking about 35.00 For the tool
    20.00 for the tool and 15.00 for the adapter
    tool you can get from any A/C supplier by you
    as for a Scrader vlave remover w/ valve

6. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
  7. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
  8. 93TwotoneXLT

City, State:
    Evansville, In
    1993 XLT4x4
    Thanks for the replies guys. The valve that is stuck is the new one that I put in, after I took the old one out the with valve removal tool. Unfortunately, the new valve is of cheap design and when I tightened it down the top set of threads just sheared off from the base. I went ahead and charged the system with 134a and so far it has held the charge without leaking out, so I may have gotten lucky. If it does start leaking then I may take it to a tire place and have them remove the valve for me. I think that I may have air trapped in the system because it is not getting very cold, just cool enough to keep you from sweating. Of coarse, it is 100+ degrees outside right now :eek: It only took 24 oz of 134a and 8oz of pag oil for it to show a full charge on the gauge. I will probably take it to a A/C shop and have them evacuate the system properly and make sure that I have a proper charge when finances get a little better. Thanks :)