Schraeder valve stuck in low side port | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Schraeder valve stuck in low side port

93TwotoneXLT

Reaction score
City, State
Evansville, In
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT4x4
So I tightened down the valve a little too much I think, and now the valve is stuck in the low side port because the top set of threads sheared off. So my question is, How do I get this thing out now? Do they sell a special tool that I can use to get it out? Anybody know any tricks that can help me out of this situation? Any help is greatly appreciated!! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The trickiest guy I know for A/C is Glacier991.
I've never busted a schraeder valve, and I can't visualize any sheared off threads.

I s it the scrader valve or the port the NG.
IF the Valve you can get a new one .75 cents but your looking about 35.00 For the tool
20.00 for the tool and 15.00 for the adapter
tool you can get from any A/C supplier by you
as for a Scrader vlave remover w/ valve

fig2_extr2.gif

easyout6.jpg
1218a6pcspiral.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys. The valve that is stuck is the new one that I put in, after I took the old one out the with valve removal tool. Unfortunately, the new valve is of cheap design and when I tightened it down the top set of threads just sheared off from the base. I went ahead and charged the system with 134a and so far it has held the charge without leaking out, so I may have gotten lucky. If it does start leaking then I may take it to a tire place and have them remove the valve for me. I think that I may have air trapped in the system because it is not getting very cold, just cool enough to keep you from sweating. Of coarse, it is 100+ degrees outside right now :eek: It only took 24 oz of 134a and 8oz of pag oil for it to show a full charge on the gauge. I will probably take it to a A/C shop and have them evacuate the system properly and make sure that I have a proper charge when finances get a little better. Thanks :)

Back