Scott B's 93 Ranger XLT V8 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scott B's 93 Ranger XLT V8

How much for the spicer joints? I am getting a spare set b4 we meet in Ouray.

They were less than $20.00 each, delivered (I found them on eBay - Ventures Truck Parts in Ogden, UT.)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Scott, can you take a look at the part numbers on your lift brackets for me? I just picked up what looks to be a 4" lift off craigslist for 60 bucks! The kid didn't know what manufacturer it was, but the coils were red and painted black. The two brackets had part numbers "01 1170" and "02 1100". Thanks for taken a look and sharing all your mods with us!

N/M. Found the brackets online. Looks like they are superlift brackets. Back to your regularly scheduled build up, sorry to interrupt :)

The Rancho lift brackets are only 2 1/2" - if yours are 4", they are most likely Superlift. Skyjacker made 4" brackets for a while also, but I don't think they were as plentiful as the Superlift ones.

Yeah, they are definitely superlift brackets. The part that is puzzling me now is the coils. Trying to figure out what brand they are and what size, since the brackets have both 4 and 6 inch holes. They are about 19" free length and red. I'm sure google will come up with something soon :)

Ran around in the mountains today - beautiful day, good weather.

Here's a shot before we got too dirty...

Attachments

• Unicoy St Park small.JPG
    Unicoy St Park small.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,482

The Colorado trip was last week - I can't believe it's over. :(

A few things to fix, then start planning for next year!

Yeah, they are definitely superlift brackets. The part that is puzzling me now is the coils. Trying to figure out what brand they are and what size, since the brackets have both 4 and 6 inch holes. They are about 19" free length and red. I'm sure google will come up with something soon :)

My 4" springs and my 6" skyjacker's were 18 (I think) and the Superlift hard 6" were 19 1/2

Also it is past time for a new set of cab mounts judging by the pass front rad mount!!

I need to change my body mounts, too - they haven't failed yet, but are all cracked from dry rot.

First Snow of the Year!

Saturday, we received a dusting of snow in the mountains. Naturally, a few of us headed to the hills to find some.

Attachments

• Ranger in Snow.JPG
    Ranger in Snow.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 2,937

Rabun County

Went up to NE Georgia yesterday, ran some trails I've not been on before. Beautiful country.

Nothing too challenging, but this hill climb was interesting. I made it to the top on my second try (at full tire pressure!)

It was cold, too, as evidenced by the white smoke coming out of the tailpipe. About 27 degrees F.

Attachments

• hill 1.JPG
    hill 1.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 1,295
  • hill 3.JPG
    hill 3.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,274
  • hill 2.JPG
    hill 2.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,240

Time for some MT tires for those type of trails. My BFG TA do not compare to my KM2 on trails like that.

Still fun to go out and get away from Web wheeling for a change. Looks like you had a good time.

Yeah, we had fun.

The next set of tires will be KM2s. I just hope they won't be too noisy driving to Colorado!

There is definitely a difference in the two, but once your going they quiet down. The low grumble from a start turns into a mid-high pitch noise. They really do well on the hwy. Small compromise for peace of mind and better capability's. With your long distance trips, these will be perfect for you, since the newer KM2 is a little harder tread compound and do not wear as fast as the KM.

I wish I could make it down your way someday Scott. Sure is pretty country around there. I have been, but never to wheel.

Come on down anytime! Plenty of room to stay here.

Spring and fall are the best seasons for camping.

Here are some videos of the hill climb...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice vids! :) Too bad the AT's aren't perfect at EVERYTHING, but they are close!

Back