Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Screeching noise

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Henry22, June 21, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Henry22

Henry22 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      So when I start my car up in the morning there's a screeching noise that happens pretty much non stop under the hood. When I put the car in reverse the noise picks up a lot more and faster. The noise is constantly going unless I start driving around fast and it seems to "warm up" then the noise is a little less noticeable. Any help is appreciated, very annoying, thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. kindred4x

kindred4x Active Member

1996 sport
      Pull your serpentine belt off and start it up for a little bit. If there is no noise then it is one of the accessories that the belt drives

4. Paraphoe

Paraphoe Go big or go home Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Willow Grove, PA
      '97 XLT
      I'd guess a bad tensioner which is allowing your belt to slip. Very easy to replace.