Seamfoam in Crankcase Breather Hose | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seamfoam in Crankcase Breather Hose

optout2012

Reaction score
Last night I replaced my spark plugs and wires because of a misfire from cylinder #3. After the job was complete, I decided to run a little Seafoam through the vacuum lines... unfortunately I selected the Crankcase Breather Hose by accident. I didn't even realize I had made a mistake until after driving around for about 20min. The truck bogs down really bad now and would like to know how serious of a mistake I made. I know Seafoam is a relatively safe product and can be used just about anywhere (the crankcase in particular) but as the Crankcase Breather Hose is made to BREATHE, I'd like a little reassurance that I didn't make a big mistake by adding Seafoam directly to this location. Any comments are welcome. Thank you.

RenderIllustration.ashx.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its hard to see by that pic, but, If you put Sea Foam in there, you might want to change your oil pretty soon. Depending on how much you put in there. but imho no harm done.

Its hard to see by that pic, but, If you put Sea Foam in there, you might want to change your oil pretty soon. Depending on how much you put in there. but imho no harm done.

Thanks for the input. I will be changing the oil this weekend, crankcase should be sparkly clean by then lol :D

It probably did help out a little :D
They say you can put X amount of Sea Foam in your oil but only to run it for about 200 miles if I remember correctly. Sea Foam is awesome, I will be buying it by the gallon next parts order :D

It probably did help out a little :D
They say you can put X amount of Sea Foam in your oil but only to run it for about 200 miles if I remember correctly. Sea Foam is awesome, I will be buying it by the gallon next parts order :D

I completely agree, Seafoam is a great product. I've been using it on my turbo Audi for years! Cleans out my engine great and makes for a lot of smokey fun!:chug:

Back