Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Seat belt latch.

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by bootsy1111, June 23, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. bootsy1111

bootsy1111 New Member

City, State:
    Minden,LA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    96 XLT
    Driver side seat belt latch wont hold. 96 xlt. How easy is it to replace and how?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Brooklyn, NY
    88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the stock 95-01 section. Any salvage yard should have what you're looking for. You will need a large Torx socket to remove the bolt. Those bolts are usually hard to remove in areas where rust is very common.

4. n2epv

n2epv Active Member

City, State:
    Pittsfield, MA
    04 XLT 4.6, 01 Jetta VR6
    Had same problem on my '97... Remove the center console, and it's then easy to remove the seatbelt latch. There are instructions for center console removal in the forum. The bolt holding the latch goes into the seat frame (and not down into the body), so even living here in the USA rust belt, getting the bolt out was no problem. Get a latch from an early 2nd gen, as the size of the metal tab on the seatbelt changed somewhere around '98. I got my latch on ebay for around $30.00 NOS.

We Support Our Troops!