Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Seat Help

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by Malsteem, March 16, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Malsteem

Malsteem New Member

City, State:
    Montana
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    96 XLT
    I have a 1996 Explorer and need a replacement drivers side front seat. The cushion is all messed up. I am wondering what year(s) and vehicles can I make an easy switch from? I need something comfortable and with good back support. I don't know if this matters but i am 6 even and weigh 250.

Thanks,
    Mal

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Dietcokke

Dietcokke New Member

City, State:
    Vancouver, WA
    '95 XLT
    I can't remember where but I saw a thread yesterday about replacing seats, somebody had mentioned that the limited seats are apparently extremely comfortable and have the same bolt pattern that all the other 2nd Gen Ex's do. Maybe you could find some in a junk yard or somethin'.

4. Dietcokke

Dietcokke New Member

City, State:
    Vancouver, WA
    '95 XLT
  5. ranger7ltr

ranger7ltr Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Great State of Texas
    1999 Sport
    I got some great seats from another Explorer...

My 99 Sport had a broken drivers side seat base and I was looking at some leather racing style seats but didn't want to spend close to $300...

So I went to my favorite boneyard and found another 99 Sport with great looking seats in it...They have raised side bolsters and an adjustable lumbar support and for $40 bucks each I couldn't turn them down...

The Explorer had cloth seats but also had some features like keyless entry, full length center console with rear vents and radio controls, and a premium sound system...It wasn't an EB or Limited by the badging on the body but it did have a better interior than my Sport did...

The seats are like sitting in my Charger they are so supportive and comfortable... And I am 6'5" and over 320 lbs...I have put over 500 miles on the truck since this weekend and I can tell you I have never felt this good after a long trip in the truck before...

6. Malsteem

Malsteem New Member

City, State:
    Montana
    96 XLT
    thanks everyone.