Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Second row 60/40 split bench: rattle in the "60" portion of bench

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by new to ford, August 1, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. new to ford

new to ford Active Member

City, State:
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    11XLT202A 17Sport401A
    Over the weeekend of ex developed a notorious rattle on the back/vertical side of the second row bench. It is highly reproduceabale when you fold/unfold the bench. There is definetely something loose inside. It still seems to lock OK, but I will have this corrected at next oil change.
    Anybody else has similar issue?
    I believe there was some kind of either TSB or recall for early second row seats? maybe related or not...

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. new to ford

City, State:
    Rochester Hills, MI
    11XLT202A 17Sport401A
    Upon inspection, I noticed with a flashlight through one of the hinges that a coil spring is loose/detached, which is causing all the noise:mad:
    It's at the dealership today to be fixed.

4. new to ford

City, State:
    Rochester Hills, MI
    11XLT202A 17Sport401A
    Problem fixed, quick work done by the local dealership close to work:thumbsup: