Secondary Transmission Filter Installed (Feedback) | Page 26 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Secondary Transmission Filter Installed (Feedback)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Aldive's thread was for a trans/oil temp gauge, but the senders and gauges I used are the same for both trans and water temps. Here's his thread if it helps. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141191&highlight=oil+temperature

The filter mount I got from JEGS. I picked the one that fits Ford filters. If I can find the part # I'll post it. If you have any more questions let me know.

Is this it ? http://www.jegs.com/i/Derale/259/13090/10002/-1?parentProductId=957602

This doesn't come with the gauge, but can't tell if unit has the fitting for the temp sender.

PS filter

Hey, just fyi on this. I tried a small cartrige filter on my PS pump and after about two weeks it clogged up and exploded all over the engine compartment. Think there are some details on this very early in the thread.

Never tried it again.

I'm trying this PS filter from AZ (has by-pass). Will run for about 500 miles, then change out and inspect. If all works, will just change out every oil/filter change.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...8oy5x?itemIdentifier=13909&_requestid=4209103

Jegs remote filter mount

This is the one I used. http://www.jegs.com/i/Moroso/710/23710/10002/-1
That derale doesn't have the temp sender port.

I ordered the 23700 model (RH-In, LH-Out)

Dumb question: It doesn't come with fitting. Plan to mount between radiator cooler and aux. cooler, thus using the hoses. I'm guessing the fitting should be a 1/2 inch threaded to filter mount and a 3/8 inch barb fitting to hose ?

You are correct, 1/2" thread 3/8 barb.

You are correct, 1/2" thread 3/8 barb.

Just received the Moroso remote filter mount pn 23700. Oil filter nipple is too small for my V8 engine, 302 on a '97 Explorer XLT AWD.

Package states it fits Ford V-8, but not mine.

You can use NAPA # 1515.

filters

what type of filter is this, I haave a transmission filter located just about the same place you got this one.

what type of filter is this, I haave a transmission filter located just about the same place you got this one.

May have confused you. One is an external transmission filter, i.e., filter is the same as an oil filter, one is an external power steering filter as pictured in the Autozone link.

By far one of the best additions yet. I installed the secondary trans filter two days ago and I am feeling instant results. No more harsh shifting. Smooth sailing now!
Well worth the 40 bucks and 1.25 hours of my time. (most of the time was locating a spot to mount).

If you are contemplating it, stop thinking and do it!

I change mine at every oil change. I pre-fill it with a quart of new tranny fluid and check levels. Constantly keeps fresh fluid circulating.

By far one of the best additions yet. I installed the secondary trans filter two days ago and I am feeling instant results. No more harsh shifting. Smooth sailing now!
Well worth the 40 bucks and 1.25 hours of my time. (most of the time was locating a spot to mount).

If you are contemplating it, stop thinking and do it!

May I ask what filter mount you used and if it has a temperature sensor fitting ?

Trans filter kit.

May I ask what filter mount you used and if it has a temperature sensor fitting ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0623213287&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Above is the link to the ebay auction i bought my set up from. It is the Summit Racing Brand kit. Yes it did come with the spot for the temp sender, although it is not pictured in the auction as such. I was pleasantly surprised that I now have that as a future opition.

2 days left on that auction, i'm sure they will put up more.

Have fun.

Has anyone installed the secondary trans filter on a 2006 4.0L with 5R55S transmission, or something similar? Looking for install options/locations/pics?

I want to install a filter in my 05 Mountaineer. Which setup you recommend for my truck? Where is the best place to install it and to what hose I need to connect it to?

My truck as 95k on it with the factory transmission filter. If I install this filter should I change the transmission filter because of the mileage or is it ok not to change it? Thanks

it can be install follow the lines that comes out the trans to the cooler, that is on the front, install the filter by removing the line going from the cooler to the trans this means oil that flow back to the trans is the low pressure line, when disconecting the line from the cooler install an adapter from the cooler then connect a hose to the adapter and into the filter and another one out the filter connect that hose to the line going in to the trans.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Subbing just so I remember this once I get the Bornco II running again. I blew the original A4LD and hoping to make the donor from the Ex last as long as possible.....and to have an excuse for some *****in' gauges.

Back