Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Securicode keypad

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by RhinoQuartz, February 18, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Tags:
  1. RhinoQuartz

RhinoQuartz Elite Explorer

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    17 Explorer Base
    Has anyone replaced the keypad on their Exp (the one inside the door trim)?

If you have or know of someone who has, are there pictures or videos or diagrams that I could look at?

I don't have one on mine but I've found the right part (Applique - Ford (DB5Z-7820555-AC) | Elder Auto Group) and want to install it. However, I can't seem to find anything on anyone replacing their keypad themselves and the service manual is well outside of my budget at the moment.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    2017 Explorer Platinum
    Callsign:
    VE3
    According to this thread, it can't be added to a Base Explorer. 2011 explorer keyless entry pillar
    This thread shows a picture of the pad; Keyless entry (Securicode) pad fell off
    No member has reported installing the Securicode pad on an Explorer that didn't have a factory installed one. According to the first link, after you remove the door panel you then have to unplug the pad which indicated there is an existing connector/wiring that a Base may not have. The pad uses a factory set 5 digit code that cannot be deleted and it can be used to;
    • Lock or unlock the doors.
    • Program and erase user codes.
    • Arm and disarm the anti-theft alarm.
    • Recall memory seat and mirror
    positions.

I don't know if you can set all that up with FORScan or not.

Peter

4. RhinoQuartz

RhinoQuartz Elite Explorer

17 Explorer Base
    Thank you for the links.

I actually have a card that came with the owners manual that has the code.

I would assume additional wiring is needed as well, but the operations are controlled by the BCM, if I remember correctly.