Securicode keypad | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Securicode keypad

RhinoQuartz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Explorer Base
Has anyone replaced the keypad on their Exp (the one inside the door trim)?

If you have or know of someone who has, are there pictures or videos or diagrams that I could look at?

I don't have one on mine but I've found the right part (Applique - Ford (DB5Z-7820555-AC) | Elder Auto Group) and want to install it. However, I can't seem to find anything on anyone replacing their keypad themselves and the service manual is well outside of my budget at the moment.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading!

According to this thread, it can't be added to a Base Explorer. 2011 explorer keyless entry pillar
This thread shows a picture of the pad; Keyless entry (Securicode) pad fell off
No member has reported installing the Securicode pad on an Explorer that didn't have a factory installed one. According to the first link, after you remove the door panel you then have to unplug the pad which indicated there is an existing connector/wiring that a Base may not have. The pad uses a factory set 5 digit code that cannot be deleted and it can be used to;
• Lock or unlock the doors.
• Program and erase user codes.
• Arm and disarm the anti-theft alarm.
• Recall memory seat and mirror
positions.

I don't know if you can set all that up with FORScan or not.

Peter

According to this thread, it can't be added to a Base Explorer. 2011 explorer keyless entry pillar
This thread shows a picture of the pad; Keyless entry (Securicode) pad fell off
No member has reported installing the Securicode pad on an Explorer that didn't have a factory installed one. According to the first link, after you remove the door panel you then have to unplug the pad which indicated there is an existing connector/wiring that a Base may not have. The pad uses a factory set 5 digit code and it can be used to;
• Lock or unlock the doors.
• Program and erase user codes.
• Arm and disarm the anti-theft alarm.
• Recall memory seat and mirror loop
positions.

I don't know if you can set all that up with FORScan or not.

Peter

Thank you for the links.

I actually have a card that came with the owners manual that has the code.

I would assume additional wiring is needed as well, but the operations are controlled by the BCM, if I remember correctly.

Back