Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

seized tensioner pulley

Discussion in 'Ford Ranger - Mazda B-Series Forum' started by Hibbs, April 22, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Hibbs

Hibbs New Member

The pulley on the tensioner of my 97 ranger is seized up and bent up into the tensioner arm itself. The tensioner arm still works the way it should. My question is can i replace the pulley or do i have to replace the whole tensioner arm?

Cheers

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. McCormack

McCormack Active Member

City, State:
    S.E. WI
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2000 Ranger
    Pull your pulley off and have a look at the mounting surface... if it's not all chewed up and worn down, then you should be OK with just a pulley.

4. Scott B.

Scott B. Well-Known Member

City, State:
    GA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '93 Ranger XLT
    The pulley bolt may be a left-hand threaded bolt. (It is on the 4.0L engines, not sure about the others.)

5. Hibbs

Hibbs New Member

thanks guys. Turns out the bearing case blew in the pulley so it was an easy fix.

Cheers