1. Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Dismiss Notice

Selected to meet with Ford (2020 Explorer) Engineers - INPUT NEEDED

Discussion in 'Stock 2020 Ford Explorer & Aviator' started by Javier V., February 11, 2020 at 11:13 AM.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2020 Explorer ST
    That is purely a "we dont know why Ford is charging that price". I didnt forget to leave it out, it just has no bearing on this. That answered very clearly IMO what the difference was and matches the Ford order guide. Ford performance does not come up with the pricing structure of a vehicle.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. greeman

greeman New Member

City, State:
    Tennessee
    2020 Explorer Platinum
    I am an impatient person. I sold my 2015 Explorer limited and purchased the 2020 Platinum. I really found the backup camera helpful in the 2015 Limited. Nice and large...... now with the 2020 I only get a small hard to see back up screen with an even smaller overhead next to it. I can switch to the larger backup screen, but by the time the buttons load up to switch I am already backed out. The 10 inch screen and SYNC 3 are a backward step in technology in my opinion. When I got in my 2015 and cranked it up I was already listening to my USB music. In my 2020 I do the same thing and it converts back to am because it doesn't even see the usb yet. I truly believe the vertical screen is a penalty.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sharin

Sharin Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Mesa, Arizona
    2020 Platinum
    I know this is an Aviator forum but as you've discovered, we Explorer users have a share of items we hope you'll be able squeeze in at the end of your meeting. I think many of the issues are common to both vehicles.

1. Make better use of the display screens. The portrait screen does not take advantage of the backup camera. Af the very least allow the owner to select the default screen rather than being forced to choose between three minimal displays, none of them useful. I really appreciate the map display but in retrospect I think I would have really liked the horizontal screen where the backup camera fills the screen.

2. Why can't I select my favorite drive mode without having to make the choice over and over at startup?

3. Ford is running a TV commercial that shows a head up display in an Explorer. What's that about?

4. Now that the displays are fully digital in the Limited, Platinum an Aviator, I would like to see a wider choice of how the information is displayed. Why should the sport selection have all the info?

5. The paddle shifters on the Explorer are really cheap. I sometimes use the manual shift mode and the noise is embarrassing. My 2016 didn't make that noise. In fact my 2016 Platinum didn't make a lot of noises I hear in the 2020.

6. We had a heavy rainstorm yesterday and I thought I was in a tin can, even though it's all glass. Again, the 2016 didn't make the same noise.

7. There are many things I like about the car but they're not enough to offset my 2016. I wish I had waited or shopped around. Ford has always been my choice but this time it was a mistake. Please ask Ford to find a solution to the suspension rattle and the noisy engine.

Thanks for asking

5. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    2020 Aviator Reserve II
    Callsign:
    VE3
    ^^ Your post was moved to this thread on the Explorer.