Self levelling suspension help. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Self levelling suspension help.

Joma12

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 ford explorer north
Hi,
I wondered if anyone could help me with this?

I have a 2000 ford explorer north face and recently the self levelling light comes on and on each occasion I have checked under the car and found the ball joint has come out of the ladder, on each occasion I place it back into the ladder but it comes away again.

Does anyone have any suggestions how it can get the ball joint to remain in the ladder? The self levelling system works fine when they are connected.

I would be most grateful for any assistance with this matter.

Thanks
Jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How did you get on?

Hi Jon, I wondered if you resolved your problem because I think it may the same on my Explorer.

I had it at a Ford garage for 2 weeks and they have been pretty useless other than saying that it is "a rod that has disconnected and we need a part from Ford technical". They have now told me that Ford don't carry the part, so I was wondering if you had a successful repair?

Thanks,

Marcus

Hi,

I have a 2000 ford explorer north face and recently the self levelling light comes on and on each occasion I have checked under the car and found the ball joint has come out of the ladder, on each occasion I place it back into the ladder but it comes away again.

Does anyone have any suggestions how it can get the ball joint to remain in the ladder? The self levelling system works fine when they are connected.

Thanks
Jon

Hi,

Thanks
Jon

Hi,
Unfortunately from discussion with my non ford garage (I have learnt ford don't have a clue about explorers, so I use a non ford garage for half the price and wasted time) we managed to get the parts through a breakers online site, second hand but works perfectly ok now.

We researched how to remove and fix it via a you tube video.

Hope you manage to get it sorted.
Cheers
Jon

Thanks for letting me know.

Having done a bit more research it looks like I should be able to get the parts from the US. I couldn't find the Youtube video so if you happen to have a link it would be appreciated.

Either way, many thanks for responding!

Marcus
:)

Hi,
Unfortunately from discussion with my non ford garage (I have learnt ford don't have a clue about explorers, so I use a non ford garage for half the price and wasted time) we managed to get the parts through a breakers online site, second hand but works perfectly ok now.

We researched how to remove and fix it via a you tube video.

Hope you manage to get it sorted.
Cheers
Jon

Back