sell x? for modded ws6???

expo5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Red Wing, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
i have an opportunity to buy a ws6 with 500 hp 500 lbs of torque n/a and a full road racing suspension. the engine was built 300 miles ago, and the race built 6-speed has only 2,000 on it (the car has 11,000 total). its black and beautiful. the asking price is 31,000. if i agree to give my truck to my little brother my parents and the bank will allow me to scrape together the cash to take delivery. what should i do?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like a good car. Few questions to help you make up your mind:

Is the GM's drivetrain bulletproof, or is it modded so it may be unreliable? Gas mileage (probably = to the X)? Room for friends? Room for your stuff? How comfy is it to drive all the time, city and highway?

Just trying to help.

Your parents and the bank will give you $31,000?

OMG! Good parents and good credit.............there is a dream!

Um, if you have the know-how to get 31K from others................TAKE IT!!!!

Robb

edit: oh yea, what is a ws6?

Oh, how about winter driving?

bingo, with 500 hp in mn, your going to be all over the road

well, can't drive this thing in the winter, but i will be able to keep the x for this winter or if i choose to i can drive the "van" (300,000 miles on original tranny and motor 94 dodge caravan). it will fit my golf clubs! but it won't allow me to tow my boat lol. i'll have to borrow another vehicle from my house in order to do that. i really want this thing, but i'm afraid its too soon in my life (i'm still 19 and in school) to have a car that i can't really drive all the time. my other option is to wait and hope i can take over payments on my mom's leased 330xi bimmer, but that would be almost three years from now (of course i could buy a different car in the interim, but since i don't know what i will come across it isn't really a choice per se).

i get to go drive it on friday, i'm afraid i won't be able to say no after that! even if it means i'll never make any money for the rest of the time i have to make the payments.

get the ws6... robb...the ws6 is an fbody chevy set up better than the run of the mill ss camaros... they are nice.....

and one more drawback, its soooo loud that the cops will be all over me all of the time.

It'd be ideal to be able to keep both. However, sounds like it may just be more practical (yes, I know I'm old, lol) to just keep the X. Then you can save up the money and buy a cool second car later.

Wouldn't you be happier building something yourself? :D

Originally posted by morrisey0

edit: oh yea, what is a ws6?

A WS6 is a Trans Am, which is like a Camaro SS. It's the baddest version of the car you can buy.

Oh boy would I take this deal in a heartbeat. I have wanted a WS6 for so long it's not even funny. But I can't afford payments on one right now, but out of school in two years, you better watch out cause that's what I'm buying. Let me just say, that I've ridden in a WS6 that's modded out with a Z06 clutch, headers, short throw..... boy do they fly, and the look just plain bad ass. Go for it!!!!!

Its a Trans Am?? Why didn't you say so? I was thinking it was a Suburu or something. Geez.

I know you probably don't want to hear this but it doesn't sound like the right car for you. If you can't drive it for five months of the year it sounds impractical to have it as your only car. And you're gonna borrow somebody else's truck to tow your boat. That sounds like a pain in the ass. I remember when I was in college my Mustang GT sat in the parking lot for weeks at a time without being driven. Maybe you should wait until you've got more time to enjoy it. Also why is the car for sale? It was just tricked out and now they wanna unload it? Sounds like you need to ask some questions. Or at least give us some answers.

Dead Link Removed
or
7168howiuseit.jpg

sorry man youre on your own.

That's a Firebird with a WS6 hood on it, unless it's a Firehawk, either way it's an aftermarket setup....

Maybe THIS will help.... boy oh boy.....

Dead Link Removed

I wouldn't think twice, but it's up to you... WS6's aren't in production anymore either, so personally I'd be all over it. But like Brandon said, it's up to you.....

TRANS AM! my dream car...

If you go for the WS6, I hope that the peanut rearend was replaced with either a 12-bolt or a 9".

he built it to race with the corvette club of america at the brainerd international raceway on the weekends here in minnesota. he's selling it because a business venture failed and he will lose his house and other posessions if he doesn't (and i believe him, you should have seen and heard him as he talked about the stuff done to it) also, he lives in a very nice part of town (houses in the million to million and a half range) and i'm sure he was trying to build it right the first time for years of on track driving because he had the money and the parts all seem right.

i know that the functionality of this thing is zero and i would be better off with a suv or something. i think i'll go drive it on friday since he's already to go for that, and then i'll sit down and think really hard about it.

but, borrowing a car from my house wouldn't really be that bad of a thing for towing the boat, at least in the near future since my brother won't get his license until the end of next summer and i will essentially still have the x and this car until then. on major drawback of buying it though would be not being able to drive it in the winter since that means i won't get to use it very much right now. but maybe that means that since he is a motivated seller and most people aren't in the market right now i can get a really good deal.

btw- the approximate investment into this car is 60,000 and it essentially has 300 miles on it.

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!!!!!!WS-6's are probably the best F-Body ever made. It may not be practical, but it'll make up for it in the fun factor. Plus since the T/A is dead it'll definently be worth money someday. No matter how nice an explorer you build, it's still just that an Explorer. If you don't you know you'll regret it:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wouldn't buy it... your 19. That's a big liability to accrue at your age. Wait till you graduate, it just doesn't seem too practical for you right now.

Why is he selling it?

Look at it this way, im graduating next december. If I was only looking for immediate pleasure, i would be leasing one of these right now
Dead Link Removed ... but im thinking that im eventually going to get married sometime down the road and weddings usually cost around 40 - 50,000 dollars... and if i want to live in a house...wellm you konw what im getting at... i would rather drive my X for now and save some $$$ for later

Back