• Register Today It's free!

Seriously check engine light?!!!

snoopy2003

Reaction score
City, State
Eunice, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 (ordered 4/7)
Wow dealer tomorrow my x is 2 months old with1600 miles on it and my service engine light comes on. Just noticed the last couple of days when around 2000 rpms it seems to accelerate and decelerate slightly I don't know if this has something to do with it but very dissapointed!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its probably something simple. Have you done a vehicle health report? That might tell you the problem.

Yea did health report but just says what light means nothing else so not much help.

I've had P0446 twice now (Fuel Evap Fault). Used to see these on cars with gas caps where the cap wasn't tight or left off. First one cleared by itself. I cleared the second one with the code scanner.

Well...no gas cap, so it must be a faulty valve. If I get a third, it's going to the dealer. 3,700 mi.

Well I know mine is not a fuel cap
Problem, engine is making weird noises and rattling now and then dealer can't take until later this week.

Well I know mine is not a fuel cap
Problem, engine is making weird noises and rattling now and then dealer can't take until later this week.
snoopy2003,
You could try calling the next closest dealer to see if they have an opening sooner. Since I have your VIN from previous messages, I’m happy to escalate this matter to the Customer Service Manager for your region. All I would need via PM is your contact information and dealer info.

Cory

Alright my dealer fixed my x yesterday and found the light came on because of low oil pressure. So they check the oil and it is 2 quarts low. They look underneath and find when the vehicle is running it is leaking oil from the filter which has a hairline crack in it. They basically do an oil change with a new filter and all is good now. I was having vibrating noises under hood and the rough ride but now all is back to normal!!

Alright my dealer fixed my x yesterday and found the light came on because of low oil pressure. So they check the oil and it is 2 quarts low. They look underneath and find when the vehicle is running it is leaking oil from the filter which has a hairline crack in it. They basically do an oil change with a new filter and all is good now. I was having vibrating noises under hood and the rough ride but now all is back to normal!!

Great to hear!!

Back