Server too busy?? What's that about?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Server too busy?? What's that about??

Mikes95XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Bartlett, IL (currently in Bloomington for school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
I just tried to search for a thread, and it told me the server is too busy, and to try again later. Then when trying to post this topic, I got the same thing. So I finally was able to post about it.... Anyone else had this happen?????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It happens to me occasionally. Very frustrating :mad:

EDIT: Talk about irony. It happened to me the first time I tried to post this :confused:

Rick has been updating the site the last few days, it's normal for the server to spaz a bit during software updates.

When the server senses a high load from a lot of people posting or searching at once it limits new connections to keep things moving fast for the connections already in progress.

Last night it took a few minutes to allow new connections since I was optimizing the database which is a CPU intensive process.

Originally posted by Rick
When the server senses a high load from a lot of people posting or searching at once it limits new connections to keep things moving fast for the connections already in progress.

That's pretty cool, I had never heard of that before

Back