Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Shackles

Discussion in 'Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits' started by That911guy, June 26, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. That911guy

That911guy Active Member

City, State:
      Ashland City, TN
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 XLS
      So heres the deal... lol ... I am all the time on Craigslist looking around. I found a posting for some jeep 3" lift shackles. They look similar to the warrior 153's. I spoke to him and he stated he doesnt see any manufacturer details on them. He had them on a YJ. I looked on warriors website and it looks like it could be the 123's. Anyone have any experience that might know if these will work at all? He is only asking 20 for them... Heres the link to the post.http://nashville.craigslist.org/pts/2434677437.html

Also here is a link to warriors website for the YJ's part numbers. http://www.warriorproducts.com/catalog/1987-1996-jeep-wrangler-yj/suspension/leaf-spring-shackles/

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. IZwack

IZwack Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Germantown, MD
      1998 Ford Explorer
      The only super critical measurement is the width between the holes where the bolt goes through, so I'd ask him for that figure. The bolt hole itself can be drilled out of its too small.

4. That911guy

That911guy Active Member

City, State:
      Ashland City, TN
      2000 XLS
      You mean the measurement for the width of the leaf spring? Cuz thats what i was thinking if so.

5. IZwack

IZwack Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Germantown, MD
      1998 Ford Explorer
      Yeah

6. Anime

Anime EF YEAH!! Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      2018 EX Sport Concept
      YJ/XJ shackles for 2.5" wide leaf springs usually work.

The WAR123 and WAR153's are the same width, just over 3" wide between the plates.

The WAR123 and similar YJ/XJ shackles only give 1/4" of lift on an Explorer though. Perfect for replacing the stock shackles and giving some lift to compensate for spring sag over time.

At 10 inches long (almost like WAR153s), the ones in the listing look like Warriors, but if the crossbar is in the middle (rather than closer to one end) as it appears, it might affect their fit on an Explorer. If they measure ~3 inches inside width though, they could be worth a try. If they are 14mm / 9/16" holes, they might even be WAR153s. 13mm / 1/2" holes would make them YJ/CJ shackles. From what I've seen, plenty of wheelers use the WAR153's to lift their rigs 3", even though Warrior doesn't support that much lift for that application, so that may be what you are looking at. Nice deal if so.

7. That911guy

That911guy Active Member

City, State:
      Ashland City, TN
      2000 XLS
      I emailed the guy about the listing (I am at work so couldnt call him back) But if they measure up right I will probably snatch them up. I have been wanting to do the shackle TT but was concerned about how it would ride since its my daily driver and 9 times out of 10 I have my 17 month old in the car. But for $20 it seems like a steal. They appear to be put together pretty similar to warriors so that wouldnt concern me too much for durability.

8. MidnightRebel07

MidnightRebel07 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Pittsburgh, Pa.
      2003 Explorer Sport Trac
      Here's the measurements you want to give the guy to make sure it'll work...

[​IMG]

9. That911guy

That911guy Active Member

City, State:
      Ashland City, TN
      2000 XLS
      Thanks for the info man, I appreciate it

10. NMac

NMac New Member

City, State:
      Aberdeenshire, Scotland
      Excelent diagram, over here in Scotland its hard and expensive to get parts like the shackles, with the measurements I can get some made up for my X, many thanks. :notworthy ;)

11. MidnightRebel07

MidnightRebel07 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Pittsburgh, Pa.
      2003 Explorer Sport Trac
      :dpchug::wavey:Glad to help out, that's why we're all here, for each other.