Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Shakedown time!

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by Firstimeford, August 8, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Firstimeford

Firstimeford New Member

City, State:
      Little Elm, Texas
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '01 Sport Trac 4X4
      I'm leaving for Telluride Colorado on Saturday morning. This is going to be the first long trip, 2000 miles, that I've taken in the "trac" since I've only had it about a month. I'm curious to see how it handles "Ophir Pass". It's not a very difficult pass but I don't want to over due it seeing how it's just a stock 2001 Sport Trac. I really like the way it handles and rides on the highway so the trip there and back won't be a problem. Wish me luck!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Clusterpup

Clusterpup Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Miami, FL
      02 Sport Trac 4x4
      Good luck, enjoy.

4. LONO100

LONO100 Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Bay Area CA
      03 sport trac XLT
      i took my trac up through the sierra mountains while it was bone stock and it handled it! just know the limitations of your rig and your own limitations driving skills wise and you should be good. have fun!