Shaving Emblems | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shaving Emblems

I want to take the emblems off my '98 Explorer. I am talking about the ones on the back gate. The Explorer, XLT ones. I hear the '98 will have no holes to worry about. How would I take these off? Is there any certain way to take them off? Thanks.

Eric

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do a search, there have been a bunch of people ask the same question as you. I believe you use a hair dryer and fishing line to remove the emblems but I'm not sure.

Yeah, I thought a blow dryer was in there somewhere. I did a search and didn't find much, but I will try again and look a bit deeper.

Eric

I got a fishing line and then when I got the emblems off used rubbing alchohol to get the tape stuff off

Remember to put some wax on the area once the emblems are off, to keep the area from fading.

you can also use bug and tar emover to get off the extra stuff.

There is also a good chance that it might be a little different color since it hasn't seen the sun for a few years.

I took mine off recently and i used a flat head screw driver and WD-40 or you can use carb cleaner but remember to wax really good and buff if you use too much of the carb cleaner i wouldnt recomend it on anything but a white paint though.

I used Goo gone to get that crap off of my car when i debadged it, twice. Heating it up with a hairdryer helps a lot. Be careful to try not to "pull" them off. it could rip the paint off of the body panel. that tape/glue that they use is strong.

what about a 93. are there holes

yes there are holes on the 93/94

Pulled mine of today sprayed a light coat of wd-40 and pulled them off by hand. The wd eats the adhesive but not the paint. Clean with some sort of cleaner ie windex and apply wax. My truck is a black 99 and you can't even tell they were there.

I recently removed the fender emblems from my 98 Mounty. I did this in the shade. 1) Cleaned and then gently heated the area with a hair dryer. 2) Used a piece of floss doubled up and twisted to carefully work through the foam tape. 3) Soaked the remaining foam with mineral spirits for a few minutes. 4) Rolled off the goo with alternating fingertips. 5) Cleaned and worked the area over by hand with Meguiars fine cut cleaner. 6) Let set for a day to let all the solvents escape. 7) Waxed by hand with Meguiars #26 Carnuaba. 8) The results are excellent. Do not rush, and do not substitute some elbow grease for prying with tools, or application of harsh solvents.

Does any one know if there are holes on a 02 XLS

98% sure there is NOT

Back