Shifting issues - 2008 V8 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shifting issues - 2008 V8

Torque is Android, IIRC the best iOS equivalent is Dash Command. At least that's what I always see recommended, as I only use Android.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tx

To locate which cylinder has a misfire (and if you are only wanting to do 1 coil at a time) an option is to use the Torue app and cheap bluetooth dongle. Torque can run the Misfire tests and display the info cylinder by Cylinder. I replaced 4 coils on an F150 using this method and 2 on the current explorer.

Torque is a great app, especially when you consider how much functionality it has.

Something to always keep in mind on these 4th Gen Explorers....the CAN bus runs along the passenger side of the engine, right atop the coils. If you get a coil that begins breaking down and throwing out EM interference, you will get some crazy trans behaviour, as well as some other stuff, and it MAY NOT set any codes at all. Any time you have a freaky feeling tranny and the coils are old, it's worth swapping them out to see if that cures your ills.

Back