Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Shock Reversal

Discussion in 'Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits' started by addkev, September 30, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. addkev

addkev Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Eastern NC
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '11 Explorer
      Has everyone seen this? What is the general consensus? I think it is a pretty good idea, not only for putting the shock back at stock length, but for getting the shock up out of the way.

Shock Reversal

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Exploder Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Nor*Cal
      2001, F150, XLT 4x4
      sounds like an ok idea.... dont know if i would really want to grind material off my spring pad though....

4. ld50

ld50 Oh, the money you`ll blow

City, State:
      British Columbia
      93 4 dr 4x4 manual XL.
      I think that`s a pretty good idea BUT ,if you`re doing it to avoid rocks you would definitely still be banging the heck out of those nuts and threads.

5. DasFrem

DasFrem Elite Poseur

City, State:
      Portland, OR
      2 '97 sports
      The reason I did it was that with the 4 door leafsprings + shakles, at full flex, the shock wouldn't mount, so I just flipped them and notched out a little bit. It should technically give me more flex (if I wasn't rubbing like crazy on my inner fenderwells in the rear) I've put on about 350 miles with 'em and everything seems to be holding up fine. Where the shock mounts (those two tabs) I only needed to grind down about 1/8th of an inch to make the shock fit in there. Hope this explains some things, sorry I don't know any more detailed names of the things I cut and ground down.