Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

SHOCKS AND SPRINGS

Discussion in 'Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits' started by MARTY196, September 22, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. MARTY196

MARTY196 Active Member

City, State:
      Albuquerque,New Mexico
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1992 XLT
      Okay so I bought new Shocks and was looking around the store while I was there and I saw these springs that fit around your shocks I guess there to help assist the shocks. so I was wondering are these any good? pos/cons.

also how do you know if you need longer shocks or shock extenders? I only have a 2 1/2 inch lift shackles and spacers. thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Brian1

Brian1 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Albuquerque, NM
      1991 XLT
      Callsign:
      KG5BAQ
      Take 1 shock off the front. remove the front sway bar if you want to and find a place to drive up a ramp to flex the front or just use a floorjack if you cant find anything to drive up. Let the side without the shock droop while the other side compresses. Measure the extended length and on the other side measure the compressed length. Now measure your shocks and see if they are big enough. On my 2" lift I got about 2" longer front shocks.

4. MARTY196

MARTY196 Active Member

City, State:
      Albuquerque,New Mexico
      1992 XLT
      thanks brian,
      well I just went and got shocks for a 92 ford f150, and they seem just the right length. put them on and they work fine.