• Register Today It's free!

Shocks

Moyer09

Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'09 Eddie Bauer
I have a stock 2009 Eddie Bauer and my shocks are wearing out and I need to replace them. I tow a pop-up camper about 3000 lbs. What would any of you peeps recommend? Thanks! DMo

They are technically "struts" all around. I've been very happy using the Monroe line of shocks and struts. They offer "QuickStruts" for not much more than the strut alone, which IMO, is worth it to get the mounts (which sometimes are the real problem), and to not have to deal with spring compressors. My brother does auto work on the side, and did at least 6 jobs last year with Quickstruts. Saves him time, which saves his customers money.

Monroe SensaTrack is their line of passenger car components. Their line for light trucks and SUV is Monroe Reflex. Your rear strut is 71125. The Rear QuickStrut is 171125.

RockAuto.com has the QuickStrut 171125 for about $120 each. The strut alone is about $65 and the mount is $11. I have ordered Quickstruts from Rockauto, and they arrive well protected. Great company to deal with.

+1 on the Monroe quickstruts. They save a huge amount of labour time.

Doable for someone with a decent set of hand tools and equipment.

I recently installed Monroe Quick Struts and I would recommend them.

Back