Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Should I update Sync?

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by Replayman, November 2, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Replayman

Replayman New Member

City, State:
    New York
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    I have a 2010 Adrenalin with Microsoft Sync w/Nav. Has anybody updated theirs? Any issues? Just wondering if I should leave well enough alone. Thanks.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. SixPonies

SixPonies Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Mahomet, IL
    2010 Sport Trac LTD V8
    I don't have the Nav system, but right after I bought my 2010 LTD last year, I updated SYNC to the latest and greatest version, just to have the most current release. Mine hadn't ever been updated since the factory. So it couldn't hurt.

4. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Rep

City, State:
    Dearborn, MI
    Ford Explorer
    Hi Replayman,

While not required,
    Hi Replayman,

Updates aren't mandatory, but they help maximize the performance of your system. If you choose to update, you can find it in your Owner account: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date.html

Shaay

• Like Like x 1
  5. RCWestcott

RCWestcott New Member

City, State:
    Edmonton, AB
    2017 Explorer Platinum
    Callsign:
    VE6RCW
    I have Sync in my Escape (still waiting for my Explorer to be built) and I can tell you I had noticeable improvement in the speed of operations after updating Sync. I've also updated twice the map data. Also faster plus, of course, more up to date. Looking forward to Sync 3 where this is all done in the background over wifi!

6. jrford

jrford Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Birmingham, MI
    '10 Sport Trac
    I just updated my ST to the latest v4.6. Other that 'BlueTooth Audio' sounding better not 'Bluetuth', the biggest added option is to 'ReBoot Sync'. At v4.3, one point Sync wasn't working at all, no BT, no USB, but I just pulled the fuse which fixed that. I've upgraded to all 3 versions.

Months later I also got a 'Index Full' which was the reason why i wanted to do the update to v4.6. But first time trying the update failed halfway; it would up doing a master reset before it failed. After re-pairing it stopped 'Index Full'; anyways a week later I figured I'd do the update anyways, so far no problem or issues. I'm not totally sure why it failed the first time; second time i used a 2GB Flash (not a used 8GB stick), Fresh format FAT32, Extracted the Zip file straight to the flash drive. Worked fine second time.