Show us your custom bumper photos!! | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only Downside is, with the body lift and the better clearance bumper, it sure exposes the Crossmember. I've got a skid plate on order to fix that issue however.

Only Downside is, with the body lift and the better clearance bumper, it sure exposes the Crossmember. I've got a skid plate on order to fix that issue however.
That cross member is stout, you would have to hit it with something hard to move at speed to do any real damage.

I really like that Rock Ranger designed bumper.

True, but there are some BIG, firmly planted rocks out here in AZ!

True, but there are some BIG, firmly planted rocks out here in AZ!
That reminds me of how long time member Diff Wack Daddy got his name. He was cruising along a wash near Truckhaven Hills, California, when he center punched a large rock, most of which was buried. It bent his driver side beam so bad it pulled the bolts out of the diff housing. He ran his winch line to my front bumper with a snatch block and back to the beam to pull it back sort of straight. Had to have another Explorer tie off onto my rear bumper to keep it in place. I think he went with a solid front axle shortly after.

LoL and THAT'S why I want the Skid Plate! 😆

Back