Side Mirror Part help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Side Mirror Part help

Smilen65

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford explorer
OK I have searched the interwebs and this forum and I have been woefully unsuccessful at identifying the name of the "clips" that attach the mirror to the power adjusters. There are 4 of them 2 that look like threaded bolts with a ball joint attached to the mirror and two that appear to be stabilizers. I have lost 1 of each (I folded my mirrors in with the window down and when I rolled the window up it caught between the housing and the mirror, ooops).

If anyone knows the name for these or where they can be found I will be forever grateful.

Sincerely,
Clipless

OK I have searched the interwebs and this forum and I have been woefully unsuccessful at identifying the name of the "clips" that attach the mirror to the power adjusters. There are 4 of them 2 that look like threaded bolts with a ball joint attached to the mirror and two that appear to be stabilizers. I have lost 1 of each (I folded my mirrors in with the window down and when I rolled the window up it caught between the housing and the mirror, ooops).

If anyone knows the name for these or where they can be found I will be forever grateful.

Sincerely,
Clipless
I bought a new mirror for my 96 off e-bay last year for around $30.00. Better than trying to find parts and the hassle.

Back