Sirius/XM onyx with stock radio, possible? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius/XM onyx with stock radio, possible?

sullen

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 ford
hey guys.

Was looking into getting a Sirius onyx to add sat radio to the truck... I’d really like to keep the stock head unit if possible....

Does anyone have it hooked up with the stock head unit (audiophile with the SAT button)?
If so, what kind of wiring is needed?

It looks like the “car kit” only ships with a 1/8” cable for a line in/aux in connection?

I had to pull my radio once and I don’t remember it having a 1/8 or aux input. Just remember seeing a satellite input in the back (antenna maybe?)

Thanks for any help!

hey guys.

Was looking into getting a Sirius onyx to add sat radio to the truck... I’d really like to keep the stock head unit if possible....

Does anyone have it hooked up with the stock head unit (audiophile with the SAT button)?
If so, what kind of wiring is needed?

It looks like the “car kit” only ships with a 1/8” cable for a line in/aux in connection?

I had to pull my radio once and I don’t remember it having a 1/8 or aux input. Just remember seeing a satellite input in the back (antenna maybe?)

Thanks for any help!
you can
yeah that will work or there is also a kit that plugs into the antenna and you won't have to screw around with finding empty spots on your FM dial.

Back