SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

The Sirius channels are crap in comparison to XM. They called me after my trial ran out and said NO THANKS.

I'm fine with local HD radio and my IPOD.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Sirius channels are crap in comparison to XM. They called me after my trial ran out and said NO THANKS.

I'm fine with local HD radio and my IPOD.
It's the same company. Sirius XM Radio. It began broadcasting the combined channel lineups in November 2008. XM Radio was dissolved in January 2011.

Peter

Took me about 2 weeks after expiring for them to call and offer $76 for 12 months. Thet waived the "reconnect fee".

I patiently waited for the call.

Just yesterday I called to haggle to renew my wife's vehicle and they did $25 for 6 months, this was the third offer after I declined $99 as an initial offer and $77 as their second offer.

Thanks for the replies, as Iam in no hurry to reactivate. My Sport sits more than I drive it anyway.
I just wanted to see what they offer up for renewals price wise.
The commute to work is more fun on 2 wheels anyhow.......:D

Just renewed for 6 months at $30 for the radio I have in my Explorer I got in May. I called and the their first offer was $200 for everything (sat..internet..smart phone), I then told her I already have an account with 2 portable radios and she looked it up and then said I could get if for $150, I told her I was already getting it cheaper and would just use one of those radios in my car if she couldn't come down any lower. She then said she could match the $86 for a year and it seemed like that was the lowest she could go. I asked if there was someone else I could talk to and she said her supervisor. He comes on the phone and says he can give me $150 as I had a Ford and it was special Ford pricing, so I laughed and said that the previous woman had already quoted me $86. I told him again how I already have 2 radios and would just use one of those. He said he could get me the $86 rate. I then said what about the 6 months for $30 I have heard about. He then says because I have heard about that rate he would honor it.

$50 a year for the past three years. Let it end and the. Renew it for 6 months for $25. I usually do it the same day with no issues so far. This isn't counting their tads so it's more like $65 a year

Sirrius & Travel Link Renewal -

Hey All,
I just wanted to give you guys some info, maybe it can help someone.

My 6 month subscription just expired and like everyone else, i called to cancel the automatic billing. On the call they tried to get me to renew at the market rate and as usual i said no i dont feel i use it enough to justify the price. I did stress that what i wanted was Travel Link and that is what i used quite a bit.

Long story short i ended up getting the 6 month Sirrius Select package for $25 and travel link on trial for 6 months. So in total i paid like $37.00 for 6 months.

Below are the details.

To pay what i did was get a reloadable CC, fill it with the exact amount and then paid with that and clipped the card after.

Hope this helps someone save some $$$

Good luck.

Audio:
Sirius Select
6-Month Special Offer

End Date: 11/01/2014

Infotainment:
SiriusXM Travel Link®
Monthly Plan

Trial Ends: 11/01/2014

...just received a renewal notice that states an auto renewal will be
$164.89 + $20.61 music royalty fee.

"... rates for some plans and packages were adjusted on Jan 1 2014, see details below"

.. a big jump if you ask me...

I would never pay the full amount they note in the email. In previous cases they quoted me around $180 - $190 including tax and I was able to renew at less than 50% of their stated cost for a 1 year subscription.
They did switch my last subscription from my Explorer to my Lincoln at no charge. Then when that ran out in June, I called them to start my 6 month free trial. I'll be going through this 'song and dance' routine again in December.;)

Peter

Called yesterday to cancel. My sub ran out and they sent an email saying the card on file wasn't valid, which was good because I forgot about the renewal. Anyway I called them up and said I wanted to cancel the radio but keep travel link. They didn't offer me any deals or try to retain me in any manner. Just quoted the cost of the travel link, although they did first try to stick traffic on and I clarified that I didn't want traffic as they don't have coverage in my area for traffic.

This was a big change from the previous times when I would call and cancel and they would immediately try to get me to renew on a discounted package. I wonder if they are stopping the incentives and just trying to rely on new car sales and automatic renewals to boost subscriber numbers. I would think one day they may realize that the cost of service is too high for the product. What really irks me is the added royalty fee. That is a known cost and should be included in the subscription rate, not hidden until you go to pay.

Unless things have changed in the past few months, discounts should still be available. They sent me a renewal notification for a 6 month term at $95.94 + fees and tax back in November. I called them and got a 1 year for $72.06 including fees, taxes and Internet listening.

Peter

Auto renewal for 1 yr - $188.09

whoa! :eek:

called and said cancel please', was offered:
1yr-$113
6mo-$50
-asked for better 1 yr and nothing.
-so i took the 6mo.

they will refund and said after refund, i can call to have CC removed from acct, so in future they call tel on file to renew.

fyi i changed the ex date on the cc in my acct yesterday to be wrong,
finding out that the CC form in myacct page doesnt validate all the data entered.

it wants the correct card type and validates the amount of digits, doesnt care about the ex date as long as its in the future.

but wtf they still billed the card...and sure enough the chg shows in my card acct portal...so all they need is name, billing address, card # ?

Juts bought a Used 2014 Ex Limited w/ Nav, I'm interested in getting the traffic alert and the other fancy info. I believe I need to go through Sirius travel link correct?
Has anyone contacted them recently and haggled price?
What did you find out?
Any other info on the services that anyone wants to throw their two cents in on would be appreciated.

I was able to get $99/year which includes travel link.

Granted, I was already a subscriber, and I had to tell them that I was cancelling in order to get the best deal.

I'll call them today and see what I can get

I was able to get $99/year which includes travel link.

Granted, I was already a subscriber, and I had to tell them that I was cancelling in order to get the best deal.

Back