SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

Thanks vegastime ... did you:
1) Wait for your trial to expire?
2) Call them up directly or get a phone call/letter with that rate? If you called them, how much "haggling" did you have to do?
As I have mentioned in a previous post, my 1 year subscription runs out in September. I think this time I'll wait for them to contact me and see what they offer.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks vegastime ... did you:
1) Wait for your trial to expire?
2) Call them up directly or get a phone call/letter with that rate? If you called them, how much "haggling" did you have to do?

I just called them a couple of weeks before my current sub was going to expire/renew, and told them I wanted to cancel. They immediately offered me the rate. I did have a sub that I have been paying for.

I have done this for the past several years with various vehicles, and it has worked every time.

Not a good deal - You should be able to get close to $77 / year.
You will only get the better deals after you let it expire. I got ~$100 for a year, including the travel link that is $24 / year.

My 1st full year is up. Fortunately my credit card expired before they could charge the going rate. Would have been close to $200 for a year with travel link. I called to cancel if they would not continue the prior $109. Best they could do was $118. Told them I have a smart phone now so I would not pay more given the little I use t,he Sirius. They would not budge so I cancelled. Anyone done any reasonable deals lately?

For 9 bucks u canceled now that is being cheap !!

For 9 bucks u canceled now that is being cheap !!

Its not the $9, it is the $118. Based on my usage, $10/month is not worth it. I can get similar programing and features on the smart phone, which I did not have last year. I used Sirius mostly on long trips, so I can restart it when I need it. I am fed up with utility/service companies who think they can dictate price increases and we have to pay. We don't. I cancelled Netflix when they changed their contract too.

Its not the $9, it is the $118. Based on my usage, $10/month is not worth it. I can get similar programing and features on the smart phone, which I did not have last year. I used Sirius mostly on long trips, so I can restart it when I need it. I am fed up with utility/service companies who think they can dictate price increases and we have to pay. We don't. I cancelled Netflix when they changed their contract too.

Just wait until you hit your data cap from all the streaming you're now doing on your cell phone and get charged $10/GB each month.. :eek: Those utility/service companies will get your money one way or another! :D

Just wait until you hit your data cap from all the streaming you're now doing on your cell phone and get charged $10/GB each month.. :eek: Those utility/service companies will get your money one way or another! :D
My Razr with ICS has pretty nice data monitoring and controls. So far I have not used more than 1/3 of my limit. The weather map capability, Gas buddy, and Traffic monitoring are better than the Sirius. I do still use the MFT Nav, even though the phone is as good or better. You can use voice commands similar to MFT. My point with Sirius on their pricing is with the competitive alternatives they should not be raising prices. I do agree with your last comment as witnessed by Verizon's newest shared plan. I may have a similar discussion with them at the next renewal. Who knows - I may be back with Sirius.

Sirius renewal

I am sure there is a place on this site for this but i am unable to find it .Any help i say thanks in advance I may go for it JOHn:

I am sure there is a place on this site for this but i am unable to find it .Any help i say thanks in advance I may go for it JOHn:

Here you go:

Sirius Renewal Thread

I found it using the search function with the term "sirius renewal". This forum is so large that it will be a good idea to familiarize yourself with the search tool, it will help you get any number of questions answered :)

Welcome to the Forum imbett. :wavey:
I don't recall ever being in Bayfield but I spent almost a year in Clinton getting my training with the RCAF. Hometown was London.

Make sure that you get the Canadian site for Sirius. I called the number once and they couldn't find my name or the ESN number. Then when they found out I was in Canada, I was given another number to call. I renewed for 1 year after the free sub ran out and that year is up in September. Not sure what I'll do.

Peter

re sirius

I want you to know i appreciate all the help i can get as my skills on computer are limited I recall a thread on a lifetime renewal at a big save in price ????? ??/ thanks JOHN

I want you to know i appreciate all the help i can get as my skills on computer are limited I recall a thread on a lifetime renewal at a big save in price ????? ??/ thanks JOHN
John, here is the link to the site; http://www.siriusxm.ca

A 1 year (Sirius Everything) is shown as $164.89 + tax. The longest term shown is 3 years $464.69 + tax. I do not see a lifetime subscription although they do talk about it in their Terms and Conditions.

I may just cancel mine when renewal is due and see what if anything they do/offer. One thing to note is that once you subscribe, the subscription automatically renews for the same length and package unless you advise them to cancel.

Peter

John, here is the link to the site; http://www.siriusxm.ca

A 1 year (Sirius Everything) is shown as $164.89 + tax. The longest term shown is 3 years $464.69 + tax. I do not see a lifetime subscription although they do talk about it in their Terms and Conditions.

I may just cancel mine when renewal is due and see what if anything they do/offer. One thing to note is that once you subscribe, the subscription automatically renews for the same length and package unless you advise them to cancel.

Peter

When i transferred my subscription to the EX i asked not to be charged automatically. They called it invoice payment and i will receive a renewal notice in the mail instead. I was also able to get an additional year for 99.00 after the 6 free months are up.

When i transferred my subscription to the EX i asked not to be charged automatically. They called it invoice payment and i will receive a renewal notice in the mail instead. I was also able to get an additional year for 99.00 after the 6 free months are up.
The thing to keep in mind is that the prices between the U.S. and Canadian subscriptions are quite different. We always seem to be paying much more for the same thing here just like the ESP prices. And, we don't get the various Sirius Services either.

Peter

Do they still offer the lifetime subscription?

My 1st full year is up. Fortunately my credit card expired before they could charge the going rate. Would have been close to $200 for a year with travel link. I called to cancel if they would not continue the prior $109. Best they could do was $118. Told them I have a smart phone now so I would not pay more given the little I use t,he Sirius. They would not budge so I cancelled. Anyone done any reasonable deals lately?
After canceling I got a "please come back" email offering 6 months for ~$24. Added travel link @$2/mo. Total bill for 6 months with taxes/fees is $37 and change. Already marked the calendar to cancel again in January.

As I have mentioned in a previous post, my 1 year subscription runs out in September. I think this time I'll wait for them to contact me and see what they offer.

Peter
I received an email from Sirius regarding my expiration date of Sept. 4th. Cost for renewal was shown as $164.89 + 9.62 (Royalty Fee) + tax for a total of $197.20 (CDN). The Royalty fee wasn't shown but that is what I paid the last time.
I called them about cancelling the auto renewal and when asked why, I told them it was just too expensive for the amount of time I use it and basically only listen to 1 channel (Willie's Roadhouse). I then asked why U.S. subscribers were able to get renewals for $77/year and was told that their (Sirius) costs were different. I was then offered a 1 year for $75 + 4.50 + tax for a total of $89.84. While talking about this, I was told that if I renewed today, I could get 1 year for a total of $67.71 (CDN) which includes all fees and taxes and online listening. Renewed my subscription today for 1 year.

Peter

Old thread, but I just renewed my subscritption so I thought I would share. The automatic renewal price for my sirius select package was going to be $175 (including all royalties and fees), so I called and asked them if there was anything they could do to lower it. The call center guy said he would check and after a few minutes gave me something in the $150 range. I said that was too high, so I told him to just let it expire. He put me on hold and after a minute or two came back with $97 (same package including all fees), called it a "special promotion". Evidently, the value of the sirius subscription is highly negotiable, but you have to be prepared to let it go.

Got the mailer saying my trial is about to expire... they want 173.88 a year. It says: "As a Ford or Lincoln owner, you're entitled to discounted subscription plans if you extend before the introductory service ends"...yeah right

Edit...another sheet in the package lists 170.24 for 1 year with 2 months free...I am not sure if that means 14 months, or 12 months with 2 free... doesn't matter..its still a joke

Offer 3: 6 months for $29.94, then 14.49/month

Offer 4: 1 year for $86

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got the mailer saying my trial is about to expire... they want 173.88 a year. It says: "As a Ford or Lincoln owner, you're entitled to discounted subscription plans if you extend before the introductory service ends"...yeah right

Edit...another sheet in the package lists 170.24 for 1 year with 2 months free...I am not sure if that means 14 months, or 12 months with 2 free... doesn't matter..its still a joke
I signed up for a year after the 6 month trial. It cost me about $190 with all fees. As I mentioned in my post above, I received an email about renewing and with all fees it was over $190.
After talking for a while I signed up for a year at $67.71, all fees/taxes included plus internet listening.
You can do better by playing a little 'hard ball'.

Peter

Back