Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

slipping under acceleration

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by arggg, June 6, 2005.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. arggg

arggg New Member

City, State:
    Yellowknife NWT
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    03 xlt
    Hi there,
    I have been noticing what feels like slipping in the front end of my 03 explorer under moderate to hard straight line acceleration (no wheel spin noticeable), If I had to guess I would say that it's not the tranny. Has anyone had experience with a similar problem? I want to take it in but my dealer tries to make me pay for the service if they can't find the problem. Also is it common for the suspension to wear quickly on these fords? my suspension seems to be getting a little bouncy, and I've not driven it that hard in my view.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.