Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Small light inside headlight not working, or am I missing how/when it works?

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by Rainlord, August 18, 2017.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Rainlord

Rainlord Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    Explorer 2012 XLT
    I've been trying to figure out - both from online and the Ford manual - what the following light does:

[​IMG]

No matter how I switch the lights on in the car, whether it's day or night, or what I do light-wise, can I get this light to light up. It seems it's wired in a chain after the blinker, but that's as far as I've gotten. I've tried replacing the bulbs on both sides, also to no luck. I've also checked fuse #30 in the fuse box inside the car as that seemed like a candidate (Marked as "Front park lamps"). I don't seem to have any menu option in the car for any additional lights either.

Anyone have an idea what it's called, and what to check or do to make it work?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Ottawa, Ontario area
    2020 Aviator Reserve
    Callsign:
    VE3
    Unfortunately I don't have my 2011 anymore so I can't check it. I can say however, that I never noticed that 'bulb' when I did have it. I think that your Manual lists every bulb in the vehicle. The only one I can think of that may come close to it is the 'Sidemarker' lamp,

Peter

4. cwescapexlt4x4

cwescapexlt4x4 Explorin' the Desert SW Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Litchfield Park, AZ area...
    2016 Explorer LTD (FWD)
    That is part of the parking light and lights as the time you have the parking lights and/or headlights on.