Small light inside headlight not working, or am I missing how/when it works? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Small light inside headlight not working, or am I missing how/when it works?

Rainlord

Reaction score
City, State
Zurich, Switzerland
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2012 XLT
I've been trying to figure out - both from online and the Ford manual - what the following light does:

BKtcDIK.jpg

No matter how I switch the lights on in the car, whether it's day or night, or what I do light-wise, can I get this light to light up. It seems it's wired in a chain after the blinker, but that's as far as I've gotten. I've tried replacing the bulbs on both sides, also to no luck. I've also checked fuse #30 in the fuse box inside the car as that seemed like a candidate (Marked as "Front park lamps"). I don't seem to have any menu option in the car for any additional lights either.

Anyone have an idea what it's called, and what to check or do to make it work?

Unfortunately I don't have my 2011 anymore so I can't check it. I can say however, that I never noticed that 'bulb' when I did have it. I think that your Manual lists every bulb in the vehicle. The only one I can think of that may come close to it is the 'Sidemarker' lamp,

Peter

That is part of the parking light and lights as the time you have the parking lights and/or headlights on.

Back