SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.
. My friend's wedding will be that Saturday evening. I would still come for just Friday or Sunday if I wasn't eight hours away.

I was really looking forward to going, maybe next time. I'll be on the lookout for the return trip photos though!

Have fun, don't break too much out there...

EDIT: Hold up! I'm still thinking about this. Sorry I can't decide right now.

I maay try and come out thursday and leave Saturday morning. hmm..... Okay, leave me on the maybe list for now.

Sorry for the confusion, I acted to quickly, I still really want to go.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hold up! I'm still thinking about this. Sorry I can't decide right now.

I maay try and come out thursday and leave Saturday morning. hmm..... Okay, leave me on the maybe list for now.

Sorry for the confusion, I acted to quickly, I still really want to go.

If a good number of people will be there for most of the day Friday, I would still like to come.

Keep me on the maybe list, sorry for taking up forum space with my multiple postings!

Edit: Since I won't be brining a rig anyway, and since I'l be camping rural, I guess my name really doesn't have to be on the list anyhow. How about this, if I come, you'll see me out there! If I don't, then you won't! But I will not be out there Saturday afternoon and evening either way. That way my inability to make a decision won't confuse people anymore. ;D

If a good number of people will be there for most of the day Friday, I would still like to come.

There will be a few of us out there on Friday setting up camp and wheeling after wards till who knows when! :D

Sat is the BIG day though. You sure about this?

There will be a few of us out there on Friday setting up camp and wheeling after wards till who knows when! :D

Sat is the BIG day though. You sure about this?

Yes I will not be out there on Saturday for sure. Might as well as and keep me off the list anyhow. I may still drive up with MrQ if depending on what time and day he leaves on, but who knows...

Saturday is still my arrival time, called the hotel in Irving, they don't have ample space for a rig towing a trailer, (it's an airport hotel), was thinking if there was enough room there I would go ahead and tow the rig there so I could leave straight from Irving since I will be only about 10-12 miles from US 75, but that's a no-go. They did tell me there was a shopping mall nearby I could park it, yea right.
Will be able to stay until COB Sunday, taking Monday as a vacation day.

How many days til SMORR? 29!!

Well, I have Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. No definite plans yet, but Yellowford and RangRay and I were thinking of traveling together. Also Tiffany is gonna follow me in my Sport, kind of like a chase truck for if/when I break down, lol. I don't plan on wheeling the Sport, but who knows. I may get talked into letting Tiff try some easy trails in it.

Whose wrenching this weekend? What do you have left to do before we meet up in less than a month?

What do you need still to make your trip happen? Post it up and someone might have what you need.

I will still be going, I will be there Saturday morning then camp that night. I'm having no luck finding used steel rims for the ex. My rear wheel bearing seal is leaking, my exhaust broke at the weld there at the muffler, all this will get fixed in the morning.

If anyone has a set of steel rims 15x8 and no bigger than 32" tires, I will pay cash for them at a reasonable price of course.

I'll be wrenching a bit on Monday. Lets see, whats still left to do...

Have to get my tires mounted (I was gonna get new wheels, but its not in the budget, so I'll be rollin' on mis-matched ones, lol)
Need to go get my spare from Jon
Need to get a wheel for said spare (15", 5x5.5)
Got some F150 tow hooks the other day, so need to put those on
Need to do something for a rear recovery point
Get a CB and antenna and wire it up
Got front brake pads to install on it
Need to get some shocks for the rear, once I figure out how to mount them
Put breather lines on the axles, and change the oil in them

That should be it for the Must Be Done list

Oh, it might be nice to actually try and wheel it to test it before driving all the way to SMORR, we'll see though....

I think 88comingup might have a set of black D-ring steel wheels available to a good home.
Might want to PM him and ask.

Jason, your list is plenty doable. The shock mounts welded to the axle tubes is the only thing that will take some doing that I can see.

Search craigs list for some used hitches for a rear tow point, or bolt some hooks to the frame.

Jason, your list is plenty doable. The shock mounts welded to the axle tubes is the only thing that will take some doing that I can see.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe getting some to weld on at Jons when I pick up that tire eventually

As gman knows my transmission is still being a pain. Also I need to get the rear axle and install the front drive shaft.

Tires are optional at this point...

As gman knows my transmission is still being a pain. Also I need to get the rear axle and install the front drive shaft.

Tires are optional at this point...
After adjusting the bands I apparently have overdrive back...

I think 88comingup might have a set of black D-ring steel wheels available to a good home.
Might want to PM him and ask.

Search craigs list for some used hitches for a rear tow point, or bolt some hooks to the frame.

i have a set of 5 on 4 1/2 not 5.5's i'm going to have to use a stock wheel for now my self

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back