SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th | Page 25 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your help gman!

That tranny jack made things much easier. Well worth the $70.

No problem. Your welcome.

At least your tranny jack worked. I got a trans adapter for my floor jack this morning. It don't fit on my Jack! :banghead::rant:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I am going to take my truck to the shop Tuesday to get my tranny leak fixed. And I need to go and buy a cheap wheel so I finally have my own spare. My only issue is my sons all-star baseball game is on Friday night. And although he is only 7 he deserves/earned his spot to play. So I will see what happens, worst case we leave STL at 4:30 A.M. Sat morning.

gmpaint is this more of an adult run or can i bring my 6y/o son?

thanks techieman i think he will enjoy it.

Yep my 7 yr old son will be there as well as my 4 month old golden retriever puppy... And Carter has a super cool R/C Ford Monster truck he will likely bring.

A little change of events.

We will no longer be having the band playing for us on Sat night. It is too late in the game to book another on short notice.

Looks like Fate took care of us. They lost their lead guitarist and the replacement only knows a fraction of their song list. They had to cancel before I could even make a decision.

This moves up the night run to 9:00 pm when it gets dark.

I have a CB, antenna, mounting bracket, and coax I am going to bring. As well as my SWR meter, so if someone doesn't have a CB, they can borrow it for the weekend. So no horn honking, yelling out the windows, and getting out to talk every 2 minutes, lol.

Whoever uses it will just have to supply/borrow/steal some wire to run to the battery or wherever power it.

Instead of trying to find this answer in the 26 pages I am asking again. What were the plans for dinner each night is someone bringing a bbq pit or are they there at each site? I have alot of work to get done this week and food will be something i will likely forget about.

There are no BBQ pits there, so bringing a small grill to cook with wouldn't be a bad idea. They also have a concessions area with hamburgers, hot dogs, and such. They also serve biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage, eggs, and maybe some other stuff. You can also get ice in 10lb bags there.

I will be trying to eat there this time for the most part. other than junk food. I believe Im gonna get a big ole pile of wood for a bonfire friday night *cut at the park* and roast marshmellows on it.

94 is ready to go now. It got some rock lights, a spanking brand new CB, and a 3" body lift on top of the 2" suspension lift.

95 is as ready as it is going to be for this weekend. Finally going to be able to test out the new coil overs off road.

Going threw all my camping gear one more time and scrubbing the coolers tomorrow.

If anybody has a large 14" cast iron skillet I can use I sure would appreciate it. I can't seem to find mine :(

Oh yeah....we could use a couple of chainsaws for firewood. We can grab all we want on the trails to bring back and light up the night sky :)

Don't forget your Marshmallows!

I went to Wal-Mart and found out they stopped selling the Super Soakers! WTF! Some kid prolly shot his sisters retainer down her throat with one, and they pulled em from the shelves.

3 DAYS Left!

If you haven't made up your mind by now, your time is running out.

Forecast is calling for some scattered rain over the weekend. Bring stuff that you think you will need to help out in case it does rain. Tarps for your tent if it tends to leak, is always a good idea. Disposable ponchos are only $1 and fit in the glove box.

The rains have been here for the last couple of days, and the creeks will be running at the park. I personally like that, it makes for nice pictures and fun navigating them.

I will bring 1 chainsaw but last time it almost didnt work out since was dull, luckily had a spare chain, so I will try and check it first this time, but someone else should bring one if they have one.

Bring on a little rain, knock the dust down, would be nice, most trails even soaked are still doable, accept a certain Level 2 :) But I know which one that is;)

38088_1484351319487_1555006811_31139950_7027131_s.jpg

Whose comin with me?

Would it still be fun/managable for a stock 99 EB? Ive never been and I would love to check it out...15 hr drive but you only live once right

Would it still be fun/managable for a stock 99 EB? Ive never been and I would love to check it out...15 hr drive but you only live once right

It would be a great road trip for you, and hanging out would be a great time. However, it is very likely that these trails will mess up a stock truck. I would hate to see something stupid break, and leave you stranded until it could be shipped in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back