SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread) | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just dont forget about June 5!!

no wrenching party planed, slow and methodical as is my way...

and gee, whats the 5th?
explorer or not im not misin the all ford nats with yall... yo0u dont have to worry about that, god knows if im showin or just tagin along or what not, but ill be there

Yeah its the AFN ;)

have you hugged your ford lately.... i did....
0318091958.jpg

0318091957.jpg

0318092001.jpg

no really i did... ive kind of missed her

Que? SAS time ?

that x-member wasnt even close to the shape it once was, so it had to go

im up to something, but im not at liberty to say yet...

Are you installing chipmunks?? Cuz ya know.. IZ has an onboard bunny navigation system...

me and the left side leaf spring are no longer freinds.... lost some time cutting the bolt off from the front of the spring as the leaf rubber sleve and bolt fused into some solid mass of anoyance...

while doing so im siting there thinking i smelt marshmellows... then i thought it was a little more cam firey.... then i realized i lit a stick on fire that had fallen out from under the truck.... it aint me and a grinder without fire.

also finally replaced the fuel pump, and now that the RA x-member isnt pushing the trans pan in changed the filter and replaced the trans pan

conquered one of the biggest hurdles facing this project tonight.....
th_0322092016.jpg

starter in it was toast, had a barely better spare to use to get it to run temporarily.

anti theft light is on... but that should be for the non matching parts i have goin on rith now... abs is also on, but thats due to the truck not having abs, but the dash came from one that did.

have 2 working windows, 2 working door locks, and the gauges seem in order, and the blinkers wipers and what not are working. thats more thna i had hoped for, so im feelin pretty psyched

Got a new starter and threw it in today.

also managed to get all 4 windows to work, and 3 out of the 4 doors, including the broken inner door handle on the l/r door thats been broken for longer than i can remember.

goin to see cold tomorrow then finishing out with three nights of work, so i wont be doin anything till atleast sat....

She's aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive :) Why would you think she wouldn't run and function right when she drove home just fine after imitating the Titanic?

same reason i just put a starter in it. Water silt and thus corrosion do play havoc with alot of things. She did make the trip home that night like a champ, but gremlins were starting to sprout up. esp the next day or 2 before i mailed micah back his compy.

The realistic part of my brains been goin for a year "dude, you killed her shes dead. D E D dead" so ive been holding back from bein to optimistic

when i was wrenchin for lexus i had the opportunity to work on a few flood cars. ive seen what water can do to a vehicle, and its been anything from throw a carpet in it and clean the seats to dude to replace everything below the water line with new, to itll never run again

Still pluggin away. now have all my windows and locks sorted out.

Killed some time cleaning the garage, but it needed to be done, now i have room to actually work and to be able to fit some new stuff.
I was gonna do that this coming sunday, but now i have more time to actually get somethin done then. i have a bunch of little things imma do before anything big comes along though, just as a fair warning

and so it begins....
IMG_4491.jpg

first load of parts showed up... nothin all that exciting though
figured while i was throwin money at this pit id get me some new pads rotors drums shoes u-joints grease seals ball joints etc...

My headlights are way cooler than yours...

IMG_4496.jpg

Ive wanted to do this for the longest time. always thought that reflecter was stupid. bored a hole in the reflector and glued the back half of a spare license plate light lense to it so i can change the bulb out

I used the rear half of one of the license plate lights. just took the cover off the front of it. Bulbs a 194, same as the existing markers.

IMG_4494.jpg

hey jay its john..what kinda pieces did you use for your snorkle??i know its 3"..was it just one 45 deg.?and how good did the dryer vent work?did it collapse or anything??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it was actually 2 pieces of 45* joines oposite to make an "s" kind of shape

the flex vent works well, except i tore it all up when i replaced the blower motor, so it got sleved with a piece of 3" pipe inside of it inside the engine bay.

must work alright because its the only thing that saved the engine from the lake

heres the thread for it LINKY

Back