SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread) | Page 29 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

wow i see our reading comprehension is good :p:

its a latter model thick style gasket with another fuel rail on top of that

so the order is lower manifold, gasked, fuel rail w/injectors, thick gasket, spare fuel rail, gasket, upper manifold

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

jay this might seem like a butcher idea....maybe. but how about using wood as a spacer. i know a few people in the past that have done it an they say it worked. that way you can set the height to what ever you wanted, and wont transfer any heat. if you placed it above the fuel rail that the injectors are in, it wont be gas soaked either. just tossing that one out. i have never tried it myself, and hey I'm a bodyman before any wrench turning.

i would assume wood would warp and what not, but i wouldnt have the slightest on that

grrr.... im leaning to the left rear again....

I meant the truck is you goof...

From page 14...

Go disc, I'm tellin' ya! Lookin' purty so far though :)

guess I shoulda listened the first time....

you can have the carrier i got off linds all you need is calipers and discs

u have the axle housing from that?

yup even has the parking brakes still =p

Alright, as some of u may have noticed i bent another leaf pack, so tonight i threw one of my spares in

168151_1850298339196_1292876913_32301027_7570861_n.jpg

i think the next step is gonna be to make a set of hybrid explorer/f150 leaf packs

i also took a chance and changed the vent thingger from on the fuel tank. i have a feeling it may be to blame for my fuel leak. well see the next time i get the truck filled

i do have a bit of a todo list as well that needs to be tackled
t-stat housing is seeping
oil level switch is leaking
the leaking steering box, wich i just havent feelt like doing, its not that bad
permanant solution to the rear leaf issue

also on the horizon thanks to someone being awsome is gonna be a rear disk conversion

If I had known you were looking for a disc rear, I would have brought one with me over the weekend.

im just gonna convert the outters, to lazy to set up the carrier again.

i already have a set lined up though :D

make sure you post play by play so we can do daves next haha

hasnt everything in this thread been a play by play?

167271_1855593951583_1292876913_32309049_4982043_n.jpg

can cross one leak of the list. new housing, from napa. threw a t-stat and gasket in there while i was in there

if anyone knows the PN for the oil level switch, or where i can get one please let me know, my usual suppliers dont have listings

if anyone knows the PN for the oil level switch, or where i can get one please let me know, my usual suppliers dont have listings

Airtex #5S7342

=o what happened to play by play now i dont know how to put a new housing in haha

Let5 me know how the f150 leaf mod works out . I think I need a couple more inches in the rear of mine. so I was thinkin this would do the trick. short of buying new leaves.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been a year on the Superlift rear leaf packs with no issues,

just throwing that out there,

Back