SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread) | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SNJ's Rig (full build progress thread)

IT PASSED!!!
IMG_3173.jpg

:cool::D:bounce::D:bounce::D:cool:
it actually ran the test really well... all of the levels were way below what they need to be. id tell you exactly but i left the thing in the truck

For having it on the highway, or even on the main roads for the first time since its back to gether i have to say im impressed. it started right up this morining, ran without a hicup, the trans seems to be shifting fine, and aside from a handfull of creaks squeaks and rattles it seems to be actually road worthy. I was honestly suprised how well it drove

anyway since i was out puting some miles on it and playin i got some pics of it all together in daylight up.
IMG_3175.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

you cant see em to well in the reflection, but im pimpin the forunm in white cross the back window

and i was playing with the spray cans while waitin for the mirors to dry last night i did this
IMG_3183.jpg

on the down side the blower motor craped out, it apears that the 2 terminals on the motor are ####ed up so its not getin juice beind that paoint, everythin up to the harness conector is ok. anybody have any idea how to go bout fixin that... i was to cold to pull the motor for a better look at it tonight.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It Passed!!! !!!

oh in adition to the damn blower motor i found another prob i forggot to mention

i think the temp sensors bad... the needle was doin all kind of weird things, would rise to a point, fall off completely then fluctuate a bit, way faster than it could have done if there was a problem it was reading acureately, so im asuming its electrical... not that thats a biggie, just wanted a 2nd opinion

oh and since i didnt ask before anyone have a blower motor cheap lyin around? its fawkin cold in there with no real insulation in it

Whooo whoo It Passed... Good Job

Oh the temp gauge i had a similar prob when i did my motor swap. Mine started working then got all crazy on me. Then quit. I changed the sending unit. Nothing. My Prob was with the big wiring connection under the hood that is on the passenger side. The main connection. Try tightening that connection.

wouldnt it be great if thats all it is

still gotta do something bout the fuel gauge too... im asuming its the sending unit at this point

on the bright side i wandered and found some gravel
4x4 :thumbsup:
4 low :thumbsup:
:D

Congrats man. Truck looks great.

Thankies guys :D

took the truck to work, then school and back today almost without incident. The drivers rear door wouldnt open after i locked the truck at school... havent the slightest on that one.

Even my cruise control works!

Burns, i tried playin with the conector. no luck on that one. but my old man showed up today with a sender for me so well try that when i get a chance

Have a blower motor on the way from kbabiak, who has hooked me up yet again. so thatll fix that problem.

Over the last 2 days i think ive put almost 100 miles on it, and she still seems to be runing strong, all fluids are good.

ive got a couple of creaks and groans, but nothing to wory about imo, and considering what this poor girls been through i guess its expected

got alot of compliments of people being suprised of how good of shape it actually is in. no one i know had seen it in person till today.

and ive been asked both why my truck has a vacume sticking out of the hood, and what do you need a periscope for :confused:

i just dont shut the hell up, do i?

i threw a new ect in tonight. seems to have solved much of the problem, i dont have an erratic needle anymore. Im still under the impression that shes runnin a lil cold though, although consistant for the most part atleast. the only temp fluctuation i had tonight was geting on and then geting off the highway, the whole way home it was pretty constant, although only about 1/4 of the way up.

i think im gonna throw a thermostat in it, just based on the color of the ect that i pulled out. the one in there was the one that was in there... wasnt smart enough to throw a new one in when it was out of the truck. Curent coolant still looks good though

also have a thought in my mind about the fan clutch sticking, but im not 100% sure on that

oh and for the record, when it comes to installing aftermarket head unuts im a ####ing idiot...

Alright, it looks like im gonna be able to borow some scratch towards a set of rubbers, some wheels and new shocks

Im thinking BFG muds on pro comp 15x8 steelies with a 3.73 BS with 2" over rancho 5000's
Any thoughts?

Im lookin at doin the lift once the holiday stuff dies down, so theyll all be coming in january i guess

Can never go wrong with BFGs :D

everytime i fix somethin i break somethin else. well ti got a new thermostat tonight, not sure how well its warmin up now as i lost the ground conection and the truck was warm by the time i put 2 and 2 together.

i have heat now, put in a new blower motor i picked up for it. and of course while doing so i punched a hole through the snorkel tube :(
alright, so maby smartest duct wasnt the best choice. imma splice some of the left over conduit in when i get a chance to prevent that from happening again

My buddy mike took a shot at the radio, hes pretty good with that stuff. tested the speakers via sendin power to all 4 of em, and nothing, so i seem to have something seriously wrong somewhere inbetween the head unit and the speakers, and more than likely before the speaker harness splits off from its main circuit. is there an amp in these things im unaware of or something?
anyone have any ideas?
this no radio thing is really startin to bother me

i started to throw the tow hooks on, but i need some longer drill bits to get all the way through the frame, so ill have to resume that effort at a later date. didnt have any hardware on me anyway.

oh, and tires wheels and shocks are on their way, as will the seats and shackles shortly. i havent had a chance to order those yet

i am so proud of that truck. and you NJ. nice work.

My buddy mike took a shot at the radio, hes pretty good with that stuff. tested the speakers via sendin power to all 4 of em, and nothing, so i seem to have something seriously wrong somewhere inbetween the head unit and the speakers, and more than likely before the speaker harness splits off from its main circuit. is there an amp in these things im unaware of or something?
anyone have any ideas?
this no radio thing is really startin to bother me

I'd suggest doing what I always do to my trucks, since I know you love your tunes: run all new, higher grade wiring to every speaker. It transmits better and last longer than factory wire, plus you can run the amp & woofer cables while you're at it ;)

their is an amp....its behind the pass rear plastic panel...look for a blue wire in the harnes off the radio..

i am so proud of that truck. and you NJ. nice work.
wow, i dun even know you and your more supportive than my parents =/

new wiring might be a procedures project. i think that class starts january 9th or so. ill have 24 nights of creating **** to do to the truck

and um.. theres nothing behind my pass rear panel... other than nothing... i guess i missed that when doing the interior swap or somethin... but i think i have one lying around somewhere... hmm... ill have to dig through the mess of crap that used to be a truck

TUNES!
I HAS THEM!!!

school was canceled tonight, so i finally fixed the radio problem... im really not sure what hapened to the amp, but at soem point i had removed it, for some odd reason. put it back in, and lo and behold the thing works...

i feel kinda stupid right now, but my joy of having something to listen to other than the squeaks creaks and rattles is overshadowing that.

also threw the spare on and a spare from the 94 to deal with the snow we got today, although i shouldn't really have been riding on the tires that were on the front of it to begin with =/

atleast now i dont have to worry about them coming apart before my all my new goodies get here

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

came back from the 2311.1 mile weekend road trip to find these in the garage

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

Back